Flying & Filming from a speedboat

Re: Flying & Filming from a speedboat

Love it!! Very well-planned and executed shots...I especially liked the one where it looked like the camera was making the jump then climbed to get the full vista.

Was this with a Phantom? Even if it wasn't, I'm interested in hearing the challenges you ran in to there.

Btw, that's got to be the smallest "lake" I've ever seen used for watersports like that :D

OI Photography said:
Love it!! Very well-planned and executed shots...I especially liked the one where it looked like the camera was making the jump then climbed to get the full vista.

Was this with a Phantom? Even if it wasn't, I'm interested in hearing the challenges you ran in to there.

Btw, that's got to be the smallest "lake" I've ever seen used for watersports like that :D

Yes, Phantom2 on this one. Weather was bad and had some rain so P2 did the job great in light showers.

Biggest problem on this job was the head wind and trying to keep up with the boat and skier at times. I think we were pushing 12/15 Mps the majority of the day which will take it's toll on the motors sooner.

The other thing that was quite tricky was filming with a flying platform from a fast moving boat at a fast moving object (skier).. when I think about it like that some of those shots were impossible!

A large HD screen and Lightbridge will soon sort that out if DJI decide to go ahead with the launch! I heard last week it's indefinitely delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMKings said:
The other thing that was quite tricky was filming with a flying platform from a fast moving boat at a fast moving object (skier).. when I think about it like that some of those shots were impossible!

As I was watching it, I couldn't help but wonder how many passes/takes that required...and how many charged batteries...and how many hours...

Looks like one of those gigs where setup accounts for 75% of your time, and shooting does too :lol:

Shrimpfarmer said:
Yes well done on that shoot. Thats one heck of a challenge.

Thank you all.

@shrimpfarmer I see you are doing some water work too, great footage! I like how you matched the lyrics to the content, very nice. Adds a new dimension to viewing.

We lost a P2V in the Atlantic last year still haven't learnt our lesson over water lol, it's very inviting and challenging work to have a go at.. Risk Vs Reward.

Great video and editing! Really like how you edited it, thought it was quite creative.

I did the same with mine but its not even a patch on yours, was my first time flying over water and I was just messing about with the filming and editing, using a P1 with no gimbal and £20 ebay keychain camera! Also flying via goggles while sitting in the boat, talk about being see sick. Just imagine flying through goggles, sitting backwards in a speed boat, the speed boat spinning around every time the skier fell off and at the same time panicking you don't fly into the water! probably one of the most tense but at the same time exhilarating flights I have done. I have lots to learn though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQ0LqobrFM

Meluk said:
Great video and editing! Really like how you edited it, thought it was quite creative.

I did the same with mine but its not even a patch on yours, was my first time flying over water and I was just messing about with the filming and editing, using a P1 with no gimbal and £20 ebay keychain camera! Also flying via goggles while sitting in the boat, talk about being see sick. Just imagine flying through goggles, sitting backwards in a speed boat, the speed boat spinning around every time the skier fell off and at the same time panicking you don't fly into the water! probably one of the most tense but at the same time exhilarating flights I have done. I have lots to learn though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQ0LqobrFM

Good effort with such a camera! Great conditions on the day too makes a difference to any video doesn't it.

Meluk said:

Good effort with such a camera! Great conditions on the day too makes a difference to any video doesn't it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31