Flying drone in the Bahamas

Reaction score
I'll be going to Nassau, Bahamas in November and was checking to see if anyone has flown their drone there yet ? I'd like to get a few shots if possible.

Live 60 miles from there however never took a drone.

FWIW I found this on Trip Advisor (I'm not Ray):
(you can see it is recent info)

"Apr 07, 2016, 10:16 AM
Ray A, you will need to contact the Bahamas Ministry of Transport and Aviation and ask for a form, as they are not available online. You can contact them at: (242)328-2701 or Fax: (242)328-1324.

Keep in mind, it's not a "registration" form, it's an application form, so there's no guarantee you will be allowed to bring a drone into the Bahamas. It is essential that you have the approved registration in hand before bringing the drone into the country. And you will still need to pay duty and other fees on the equipment (see my post above) A nuisance, yes, but it is the law now."

I just
Live 60 miles from there however never took a drone.

FWIW I found this on Trip Advisor (I'm not Ray):
(you can see it is recent info)

"Apr 07, 2016, 10:16 AM
Ray A, you will need to contact the Bahamas Ministry of Transport and Aviation and ask for a form, as they are not available online. You can contact them at: (242)328-2701 or Fax: (242)328-1324.

Keep in mind, it's not a "registration" form, it's an application form, so there's no guarantee you will be allowed to bring a drone into the Bahamas. It is essential that you have the approved registration in hand before bringing the drone into the country. And you will still need to pay duty and other fees on the equipment (see my post above) A nuisance, yes, but it is the law now."
I just referenced a thread from April and it appears there not worth the hassel. Oh well, that didn't last long.

BAHAMAS - customs restrictions

I went to Nassau last year and got a lot of good footage. No issues.

I had to get in touch with the Bahamas Government and they issued me with an approval letter allowing me to import the drone. Same privileges as a Permit to Fly - but less hassle.

PM me if you would like details.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj