Flying circles

Reaction score
I want to practice flying in smooth circles so I get a really good smooth pan in the video. Most of the videos I have seen contain jerky pans. It seems every time you touch the stick, the aircraft itself jerks around a few degrees. It looks bad. Is there a way of doing this smoothly?

I tried setting the yaw gain down very low but that didn't seem to change anything. I was later told that the gain setting on yaw only affects the automatic corrections of IOS. Sorry I can't help.

greytail said:
I want to practice flying in smooth circles so I get a really good smooth pan in the video. Most of the videos I have seen contain jerky pans. It seems every time you touch the stick, the aircraft itself jerks around a few degrees. It looks bad. Is there a way of doing this smoothly?

Practice practice practice, and if that doesn't work get an aftermarket transmitter and turn the rates down for yaw.

I am still trying to master flying in a circle, I saw a good video on the subject on here or you tube and the guy used a piece of card on the left stick, yaw I think, any of you guys got the link to the video, or something similar..

Cool video. I need to try the card trick.

Cool video. I need to try the card trick.

I tried the card thing awhile back... it wasn't bad.. but with the new orbit code, if we do it in 4k then we can crop to keep the subject in the rule of thirds area without having to spend so much time keeping the shot perfect

I'm flying P2s here, and I want to perfect it anyway.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm flying P2s here, and I want to perfect it anyway.
707 I use this .Is always there if I want to use it !
TX card.jpg

It is possible, as others have said, it just takes lots of practice and low wind days. I usually takes me two or three tries to get a perfect point of interest shot, and I've shot around a hundred listings.

You are correct Van and as long as Clipper and I have been flying we should have it down pat but every little thing we can use to help don't hurt .
And like Bryce was pointing out with the P3 it pretty much will do it for you now !

You are correct Van and as long as Clipper and I have been flying we should have it down pat but every little thing we can use to help don't hurt .
And like Bryce was pointing out with the P3 it pretty much will do it for you now !

Although I don't trust it 100%... sometimes during your circle you want to do something.... just to add something to it... when it's totally automated, you cannot do that. So it's always better to be able to do it yourself gracefully 1st, then really on the software #2.

Although I don't trust it 100%... sometimes during your circle you want to do something.... just to add something to it... when it's totally automated, you cannot do that. So it's always better to be able to do it yourself gracefully 1st, then really on the software #2.
Totally agree Bryce ..how bout that :)

Totally agree Bryce ..how bout that :)

What are the odds??!!!! I agreed with the Green River Killer on one thing... we both need oxygen to survive.... after that... we were quite divergent on many things. :eek:

What are the odds??!!!! I agreed with the Green River Killer on one thing... we both need oxygen to survive.... after that... we were quite divergent on many things. :eek:
How bout that ! :)

Last edited:
Not sure but the POI function was suspose to fly the circle. Good or not have may tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20