Flying at panama city beach,fl?

Reaction score
Hey guys ill be making our yearly trip to pcb,and will be the first year to take my phantom.was wondering if anyone knows if there are any restrictions,or have had any trouble flying there? The house we rented is only got a few others nearby,and no high rise condos,so i hope i wont run into trouble.

Check and see if the city has a website. Sometimes they post the ordinances.
If no website, write to them and ask.
If the city actually owns the beaches, then it is possible they have restrictions.
If the house is on the beach, ask the agent if the beach is part of the property.

Funny you should ask, I'm leaving this Sat for the annual trip to St. George Island (just a bit east of where you'll be)!

I took my then-new Phantom with me on last year's trip at this same time, and everybody who saw it loved it, I flew it all over the place :)

This year however, I'm fully prepared for the possibility it won't be so well received. I admit that last year I wasn't terribly concerned about which property lines I was or wasn't flying over, but I didn't do anything harassing or annoying either. The place we had last year was one row back from the beach, this year's place is two rows back but has a nice big crows nest on the roof (aka "flight operations center" :cool:).

I'm planning to avoid directly overflying any houses and generally be wary of upsetting anybody...but with as laid back as everybody is there during this season (and usually only 50% occupancy on the whole island) it may not be a big deal.

What dates will you be there?

Thx guys,and i called the guy were renting it from,and asked him if he new of any regulations,didn't know of any,and said i shouldn't have a problem this time of year as long as I'm careful,and oi well be leaving the 11 of october and coming back the next saturday,I've had friends stay at the island your talking about and they all loved it,may have to try it next year. Hope i wont run into any trouble,as my father says hope for the best,prepare for the worst lol

Awesome, I'll probably be down there that week as well (trying to do a full 2-week stay this time), nothing to do but relax and fly :) Let me know if you have any free time while you're there, I'm sure I could make a day trip over that way :cool:

Will do,but may not have my phantom with me,test flight on my 1.5 went bad and ended up in the ditch :cry: ,cross your fingers she comes back to life.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl