Flying around airport

Reaction score
I live about a mile away from a small airport .. is there any altitude I can fly ?? I would like to get some pictures of property

It all depends where you live ... different countries - different rules.

It also depends on whether its commercial / local private etc.

If you run GO ... it will prevent you flying if too close ... as you move out you will have red coloured map area still as restricted zone but you can fly - it just keeps warning you on entry / departure from it. I changed to Litchi and it does not have same warnings.

I live close to airport and my house lies in such zone. You need to check national AND LOCAL regs for your answer.

You may have to report to Airport Traffic Control your flying ............. again - check Local / National reg's.

Personally if at one mile AND are staying low and not going to fly at range or altitude - then I would fly ... making sure I didn't let AC get away ...

I'm lucky - Manager of local airport is pal of mine and I fly all my models there when they don't have 'traffic' ... and I fly at my house and surroundings OK.

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
If you are in the US, the FAA has a good summary of regulations you need to follow here. If you are flying within 5 miles of an airport you need to notify the airport operator and the tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1