Flyaway

New to this forum sry about topic.i just experienced dji p2 out of control.i managed to land it like 5cm of the ground camer was in grass allrdy.why is it happening.first time happend..but wow...it was no good experience what so ever...

Did you do the IMU calibrations along with the RC sticks and compass calibration before taking to the air?

I did whole battery flight before.i switched batteries and got him airborn.3mins all good and then from no where wierd noise from motors goin up down left right.i got pretty scared since i couldnt control it.then i switched to ati and pulled him up when he touched the grass.ill post link on youtube in 20min.

I didnt do calibrations becaus it worked well 20mins of flight before.im kind new on this.order goes controller tv then drone.then u let him calibrate and calibrate zenmus.then ur rdy.right?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks and sounds like VRS - vortex ring state... it's totally normal.

Last edited:

For someone new at this what you did flying at night was not wise. That video looked more like toilet bowl than VRS or a flyaway. Do yourself a favor learn how to fly during the daytime and above all re-calibrate both the RC controller and your P2 including an advanced IMU no a level surface before continuing.

I did whole battery flight before.i switched batteries and got him airborn.3mins all good and then from no where wierd noise from motors goin up down left right.i got pretty scared since i couldnt control it.then i switched to ati and pulled him up when he touched the grass.ill post link on youtube in 20min.

If you are flying in the phantom mode in the P2 software the center position on switch S1 is not Atti even thou it is marked that way. In order for the center position of S1 to be in ATTi mode the P2 as to be in naza-m mode and when it is in ATTI the rear LEDs will switch from slow flashing green to a slow flashing yellow. If necessary go back and read the users manual v1.4
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

All good now calibrated and working fine.also found out one cell in battery low voltage...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic