Flyaway over the ocean..happy ending

Reaction score
I was trying out a new flying area over a busy boat channel. In over 400 flights this is my second flyaway, and a good one. I was videoing from the ground so its a great video. Basically a massive antenna array seems to have confused the transmitter, but not the Return to Home thank god. It came back, on vapors. Good thing I went immediately to RTH, if I had screwed around for another 30 seconds it would be swimming with the fishes. Took awhile for my adrenaline to settle!

http://youtu.be/WaV60Mrp8e0

I forgot to mention in the video, I stayed in RTH and never turned on the tx. Figured it may just shoot off across the water again and then it's over. right decision.

I guess you are better at holding your breath after that, I was! Clearly we all need to avoid big antennas, assuming we even know they are there or can see them :shock:

I guess the lesson here is to ensure green light at start and kill TX the moment you realise it's all going wrong?

Roadkilt said:
I forgot to mention in the video, I stayed in RTH and never turned on the tx. Figured it may just shoot off across the water again and then it's over. right decision.
That was smart. Better safe than sorry.

Seahorse said:
I guess the lesson here is to ensure green light at start and kill TX the moment you realise it's all going wrong?
I would say "Abso-freaking-lutely"

Shrimpfarmer said:
Glad you got it back safe. Great story telling.

This is no small point. Some people think video is all about visuals, but it's really about how effectively you communicate a story.

I agree; well done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj