FLYAWAY/CRASH REPORT

Reaction score
Please only reply if you have had a flyaway or a crash that was (in your opinion) caused by the Vision and not pilot error. To better understand how/why this issue is happening we need to know the following:

1. Where were you flying (environment)
2. Weather conditions
3. Firmware version you had
4. Which vision did you have (USB plug on TX or without)
5. Who did you buy it from
6. Link to your posting or description of what happened

There is a thought as to the problem but we need more information to confirm.

V1pilot said:
Please only reply if you have had a flyaway or a crash that was (in your opinion) caused by the Vision and not pilot error. To better understand how/why this issue is happening we need to know the following:

2. Weather conditions

I like this, hopefully those with flyaways on their record can pith in.

I was thinking... I wonder if the serial numbers on the P2Vs are sequential. Did they have a bad run? Maybe a database of serial numbers from the problematic Visions would show a pattern...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I was thinking... I wonder if the serial numbers on the P2Vs are sequential. Did they have a bad run? Maybe a database of serial numbers from the problematic Visions would show a pattern...

-slinger

Hmmmm.... :eek:

1. Where were you flying (environment): Baseball Field in Folsom Ca. Lat: 38° 41' 19.9536"
Long: -121° 7' 31.1484" no visible obstructions or interference

2. Weather conditions: Clear/Dry/Winds 0-5mph
3. Firmware version you had: Out of the Box, I believe it was the version prior to 1.05?
4. Which vision did you have (USB plug on TX or without): USB plug on inside of TX
5. Who did you buy it from: Dronefly
6. Link to your posting or description of what happened: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4389

gunslinger said:

-slinger

excellent...but where do we find that? and, my pv2 is in LA for a repair/replacement.

V1pilot said:

Maybe it's only the vision owners who have a Tx without the USB that may have a problem

O that would be all of us then !!!!!!

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/2/2014 3:33:32 PM against DroneFly.com. Your complaint was assigned ID xxxxx

Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company despite our best efforts.

BBB develops and maintains Business Reviews on companies in our service area. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to give attention to the matter will be reflected in the review we give to consumers about them for three years. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers.

V1pilot said:

2. Weather conditions

This is a good post. I have a feeling the fly always were solved with the updated firmware though.

Phantasmic said:
Scottrod said:
I have a feeling the fly always were solved with the updated firmware though.

Why do you imagine that flyaways are only caused by firmware problems?

What firmware update do you imagine solved the flyaway issue?

Every fly away incident I have read about has been with the older firmware. I also followed another post on here a while back discussing the fact that one of the updates on the firmware related to the fly away issue... Whether or not that was true I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic