Flyaway and crash yesterday

Reaction score
Hi,

still mentally trying to recover from the crash yesterday. But here is the story, short and simple.

Was at peak at 500m above sealevel and doing some shooting. The terrain is easy to navigate in and after while ascending above 60m relative to home point the drone started to make a strange sound, more like wow-wow-wow and it spinned around on a dime very tilted. Then after maybe a 1-2 seconds the engines stopped and it fell down. The outcome of the crash is broken gimbal, the gimbal baseplate is cracked, legs broken, the plastics body is broken and the insides are probably destroyed too.

The question is really how your experience regarding repairs and return are. I see this as a clear warranty claim since this was a sudden incident, not the operators fault and the drone was behaving as intended during the first minutes of flying.

Attached picture of the area.
[file]trondheim|none[/file]

sorry to hear that man, i see cell #4 is quite a bit different when you look at the battery cells section under power....wonder what that means? as i too have that same look on #4 cell with one of my batteries ( i posteda thread in P4 help with my log too) on a recent outing and trying to figure it out....

We can see high motor load at the end of flight.

The warning about Gimbal Roll reached end point, is verifying what you said about how the bird came down (" and it spinned around on a dime very tilted.").

Also Total Flight time was 3.25 secs, and @ 3.25 sec, the craft has an altitude of 247,7 feet. (and you lost power).

13668756_505366376340346_6989076270737432589_o.jpg

13900352_505367999673517_6897771323411417740_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had more experience to read the logs, but I don't see anything that wasn't mentioned, except it appears you were flying in ATTI mode. Is that correct? Not sure it makes a difference. Are you far enough north that GPS is hard to lock into? Just curious as I've never flown so far north. I feel for you. That looks like rough terrain to crash into.

Wish I had more experience to read the logs, but I don't see anything that wasn't mentioned, except it appears you were flying in ATTI mode. Is that correct? Not sure it makes a difference. Are you far enough north that GPS is hard to lock into? Just curious as I've never flown so far north. I feel for you. That looks like rough terrain to crash into.

I've seem the same sequence in all other startups, it cycles through the different modes during warmup. I was flying in positioning mode, almost always does. As for the GPS, i can recall the bar said 20 sattelites. I guess we benefit from the glonas that far north.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20