Fly zones

Reaction score
Does a none fly zone mean you can't fly there due too the app stopping you, or does it mean you shouldn't fly there because its forbidden too???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's an app thing, but there are things you can do about it

Does a none fly zone mean you can't fly there due too the app stopping you, or does it mean you shouldn't fly there because its forbidden too???

Because it is unsafe. These areas have been deemed dangerous to airplanes and people in them for UAVs to be flying. There are certain exceptions in some cases but overall it means stay out.

So the drone if flown in a no fly zone would say, land by its self soon as flying in the zone, would I be able too take off inside that zone or would strange thing a happen...?

So the drone if flown in a no fly zone would say, land by its self soon as flying in the zone, would I be able too take off inside that zone or would strange thing a happen...?

If your firmware contains the restrictions and you're in the NFZ you won't even be able to arm your motors and you'll see a warning notification. If you're outside the zone and attempt to enter it I believe the Phantom will either auto land or refuse to enter the restricted airspace.

The Phantom will act like it's hitting a deflector shield when entering a No Fly Zone. There's good videos on this at YouTube. The only way the Phantom would ever land in a No Fly Zone is if you've lost GPS signal, enter into the center ring of the No Fly Zone, and suddenly it regains a signal. It's going to land in that scenario. There's nothing to be done. If you regain a signal and you're in the outer ring of the No Fly Zone, the Phantom will climb to the required altitude (depending on how deep in you are) and you'll be able to fly out. It will not allow you to go deeper into the NFZ.

If the restricted space is bogus, you can have it removed from your firmware

The municipal airport by my house was hit by a tornado 10 yrs ago. Now it is used by a med flight helicopter, a few private fliers who don't mind using a hanger with no doors and a partial roof,,,,and loads of RC plane enthusiasts. I secured unlimited access to the place, and contacted DJI about my problems ( my motors would not spin up for a radius of 5 miles.) Well, a few forms later,,,Tada! I can fly all over the place! The airport authority, Bill, showed me the flight paths and approach to the one runway, and what to avoid, and what altitudes to stay under. A pilot in a little Cessna wanted me to film him taking a trainee up. I was tickled to oblige

Last edited:
The municipal airport by my house was hit by a tornado 10 yrs ago. Now it is used by a med flight helicopter, a few private fliers who don't mind using a hanger with no doors and a partial roof,,,,and loads of RC plane enthusiasts. I secured unlimited access to the place, and contacted DJI about my problems ( my motors would not spin up for a radius of 5 miles.) Well, a few forms later,,,Tada! I can fly all over the place! The airport authority, Bill, showed me the flight paths and approach to the one runway, and what to avoid, and what altitudes to stay under. A pilot in a little Cessna wanted me to film him taking a trainee up. I was tickled to oblige

not an issue I have run into yet

BUT GREAT INFO for those that do

post ,if you would any contact info you used to facilitate this for others to note!

Thanks
good luck and have fun flying!

I emailed support, they gave me a link to the flysafe site and sent me 2 forms. A disclaimer stating that whatever I do now is on me, and a Non disclosure agreement covering everything we were doing and included the attached pdf's. All this was labeled confidential, and I had to sign releases and even have a witness...I'm beginning to wonder if they just removed the feature entirely,,,I'll have to go find a NFZ and see. The first correspondence asked for locations and stuff and was non-confidential. The second one was a legal document and threatened dire consequences if I screw up, including uploading my flight data to their servers etc...it was marked confidential.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj