Fly zones???

Reaction score
IMG_1486.PNG
im trying to do this right or legally but still a little unclear on exactly where I'm allowed to fly here in south beach. I know I've read, that nominee bothers you but still want to know where I can andbir if I have to contact anyone. Does anyone actually do that?
Here is a pic of what pops up on the Airmap app. Most is in this light yellow???but off to left there is a darker semi circle. ???

You cannot fly in the yellow circles without permission from the airport that yellow area is protecting. The top half with the yellow lines is a safe to fly are. Just means be careful.

Pull up the yellow tab from the bottom and you will see the airport and phone number(s) to call. If you fly somewhere there is an airport without a phone number you can search for it here: AirNav: Airport Information

Also if the tab is red don't fly!

If you are inside the colored circles and you are recreational not commercial then you are supposed to call all the airports and heliports you see (red you can't fly) , if you have a part 107 cert. you are not required to call but it is considered the best practice.
Just call everyone and tell them you are a UAV operator,you are giving notification of your flight operation and tell them where and when you intend to fly.

The FAA is working with airmap to do automated authorization: LAANC

Coming This Fall: Automated Airspace Authorization at U.S. Airports - AirMap

They are supposed to eventually have maps for all the airports in the NAS. Things will work a lot better when that whole thing is done. Till then we have to use our phone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31