Fly P3P without RC

Reaction score
Is it possible to just use my iPhone 6 Plus to fly the P3P? Ideally, I want to set up follow me as I run or do POI lower towards me so that I fill the frame better.

You cannot fly it without the RC.

No, the remote is what communicates with the Drone.

You can get an app like Litchi. It let's you use a 2nd phone as a "leash" to follow.

You still have to have the remote within range of the drone.

Reactions: JinForTheWin
No, the remote is what communicates with the Drone.

You can get an app like Litchi. It let's you use a 2nd phone as a "leash" to follow.

You still have to have the remote within range of the drone.

So then I can just put the RC to the side and then use the phone as the "leash"? Any tutorial videos out there on how to do this?

The P4 requires the RC to fly too.

You'll need a P4 for that. :D:D:D
That's interesting. With the active tracking, you could highlight yourself in the app, set the RC down, and then let the P4 follow you around.
Sounds like it would work, but I would personally be too nervous to ever put the RC down and not be able to immediately take control if something happened.
I'll bet lots of people will try it however.

That's interesting. With the active tracking, you could highlight yourself in the app, set the RC down, and then let the P4 follow you around.
Sounds like it would work, but I would personally be too nervous to ever put the RC down and not be able to immediately take control if something happened.
I'll bet lots of people will try it however.
You mean like this? Notice he can push it backwards, too. Careful with that.

Reactions: Oso
You mean like this? Notice he can push it backwards, too. Careful with that.
Nice. It does work amazingly well. Thanks for posting the video, it was pretty awesome. It should have had the Benny Hill theme song. :)

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair