Fly Over NFZ with permission

Reaction score
Hi;

I blocked phantom 4's gps signals and succeeded to fly on airport. But it sets to ATTI mode, and in ATTI mode, you cant fly over 50 meters.

Is there any way to fly on NFZ? I have official permission. I have to finish this project in 3 months. But i cant find a way?

What about industrial devices? For example; can i fly with s1000+ on NFZ? Please help

Last edited:
I have not read about this lately but at one time you could request a waiver from DJI with the proper paperwork.
Then you do some type of update and your good to go.

Sorry have no other details.

i wrote to dji about this problem. They told me that there is no way fly over nfz. They didnt help me.

I blocked phantom 4's gps signals and succeeded to fly on airport. But it sets to ATTI mode, and in ATTI mode, you cant fly over 50 meters.

Since when did ATTI mode limit to 50 meters? Are you talking about AGL height or distance?

I've never heard that before. Have you tried setting the flight mode switch to ATTI? That has worked for me before without blocking the GPS antenna.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sim597
Since when did ATTI mode limit to 50 meters? Are you talking about AGL height or distance?

I've never heard that before. Have you tried setting the flight mode switch to ATTI? That has worked for me before without blocking the GPS antenna.

I don't think that it is ATTI, per se, that lowers the altitude limit. I seem to recall that the lack of a GPS lock is the trigger.

In any case, flying in ATTI doesn't get you into a NFZ.

I don't think that it is ATTI, per se, that lowers the altitude limit. I seem to recall that the lack of a GPS lock is the trigger.

In any case, flying in ATTI doesn't get you into a NFZ.
Hmm, that's interesting, it worked for me once. Maybe it was because it was a smaller airport. I couldn't fly in P mode, it said nfz, and it wouldn't let my motors start. But ATTI worked.

Waaay too many restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't understand why an airport is a NFZ. When did this happen? I know it is restricted and requires self-certification (good for 3 days I think), but it shouldn't be a NFZ. So maybe you are mis-labeling the zone in your OP and with DJI? And if so, you should be able to self-certify unless what I know is completely out dated.

Another option is to get yourself a good old-fashioned P2V+ which would probably work fine. The P2V+ does have NFZs, but they are from last year's maps and so should allow flights around airports I would think.

Hi;
My company made an agreement with Turkish Government about shooting 42 airports from sky. So i have permission to shoot these 42 airports. But the problem is (as you know) device don't fly over airports.

Is there any way to fly on NFZ? I have official permission. I have to finish this project in 3 months. But i cant find a way?

What about industrial devices? For example; can i fly with s1000+ on NFZ? Please help

Without offense but your company made an agreement to shoot 42 airports and you(your company) didn't check if you've got the right and safe tools to complete the job???That doesn't sound very professional!
I don't know much about your company but I would certainly not trust that Government(Unless they have asked you to shoot 42 Greek or Syrian airports that would make sense LOL)! And how does this "permission" work? How are the hundreds of airplanes around those 42 airports going to know when and where your drones will be when they are landing/taking off???
Also, blocking the drone's sensors while flying over active airports sounds like you are looking for serious trouble mate!!!

Last edited:
Without offense but your company made an agreement to shoot 42 airports and you(your company) didn't check if you've got the right tools to complete the job???That doesn't sound very professional! And how does this "permission" work? How are the hundrends of aeroplanes going to know when and where your drones will be when they are landing/taking off those 42 airports??? Also blocking the drone's sensors while flying over active airports sounds like you are looking for serious trouble!!!

Permission, in this case, would comprise DJI lifting the restrictions on the specific Phantoms etc. involved, and then clearance and coordination with the airport ATC, who would then ensure separation from arriving and departing traffic.

Permission, in this case, would comprise DJI lifting the restrictions on the specific Phantoms etc. involved, and then clearance and coordination with the airport ATC, who would then ensure separation from arriving and departing traffic.
The problem is that the OP has apparently no clue about the DJI restriction lifting procedure(*) plus he has already made a flight over an airport using a "blind" drone. I wonder if the ATC crew would be held responsible if that tin foil drone hit a jetliner

(*) Not sure if DJI will unlock the NFZ for Turkish airports:
DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System
News2015-12-31

DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System

System Enables Authorized Users to Unlock Certain Areas

DJI GO APP
1. Added support for the Phantom 4 aircraft.

2. Introduced Enhanced Warning Zones. Users can unlock restrictions in Enhanced Warning Zones by acknowledging the prompted disclaimers.

3. Introduced temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) to impose flight restrictions within the time specified by the authorities.

4. Updated the Restricted Zone database and fixed the issue of failing to unlock certain Restricted Zones and incorrect message prompts.

5. Note that you can convert the official firmware into GEO (beta) firmware by installing the firmware listed to the right. Meanwhile, you can roll back the GEO (beta) firmware to the official firmware after finish testing the GEO (beta) firmware.

Underlying Policies:

a. It is not possible to unlock sensitive areas such as nuclear facilities, correctional facilities, and Washington, D.C.

b. Unlockable Restricted Zones include the area within a 1.5-mile radius of an airport, stadium and areas subject to temporary flight restrictions as specified by the FAA.

c. Enhanced Warning Zones include the area within a 5-mile radius of an airport, Restricted Special Areas (such as the White House) and Prohibited Special Areas (such as military installations).

d. The underlying policies apply to the following countries: the United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Switzerland, Portugal, Andorra, and the United Arab Emirates.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik