Fly out the window ?

Reaction score
Hi

While waiting for some better weather, I was wondering how to make a great video - that involves flying out through a window - but is that safe ?

The window - well, actually its a 2 meter wide door - but it's on our 1.floor. That means I have to start flying indoor without GPS coverage.

What will happen when I fly through the livingroom, aprox. 1.5 meter above the floor, the out of the door, which, all of a sudden, leaves aprox. 5 meters to the ground? ?

Will it drop to 1.5 meters - will it keep going at the same height ?

of course, I could try :) but I'm pretty new into this, and I can't quite igure out what will happen

Any ideas ?

Reactions: mmee1992
Nothing will change as the VPS only works up to 10' and then it will no longer work. So it works inside and as soon as the ground level drops, it will stop working.

However... what will happen... 50% chance you hit something inside or the window itself and you will need to spend about $600 to get it repaired.

What will happen when I fly through the livingroom, aprox. 1.5 meter above the floor, the out of the door, which, all of a sudden, leaves aprox. 5 meters to the ground? ?
Go to a large open area and switch your Phantom to Atti mode and practice flying without GPS.

As Meta4 said, you need to fist learn basics and fly in ATTI mode before venture out on such difficult tasks.

I have flown up and down stairs, it more or less maintains height - It does NOT follow the stairs.

I would fly what you are doing with prop guards at first. FYI, it makes a great video. I have launched in my front room, flown through the house, out the sliding glass door, under the overhang and over the pool. Throttle up from there and fly like normal. FYI there is no home point when you do this!! Set one in the remote when you are outside to avoid flyaways.

Reactions: ShelbyPoker
Hi

While waiting for some better weather, I was wondering how to make a great video - that involves flying out through a window - but is that safe ?

The window - well, actually its a 2 meter wide door - but it's on our 1.floor. That means I have to start flying indoor without GPS coverage.

of course, I could try :) but I'm pretty new into this, and I can't quite igure out what will happen

Any ideas ?
I would learn how to fly in ATTI mode before you try anything like that. If you were an absolute beginner when you bought your P3P last month then chances are you may get behind the thing once you lose all of the automation from GPS.

I applaude your creativity. As already said, it will maintain the same height (it will fly straight out the window). Make sure to turn the video on and post it here. Have fun!

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the response - it's great inputs

I might be new to drones, but I have a lot of experience from real airplanes, so I know a few "basics" :)

When that being said, I'm well aware that I have a lot to learn - but I think that the best way to learn things, is to read manuals etc., ask people like you and then try, try and try again - always remembering that it Things might happen which you haven't expected :)

Like some of you recomended, I'll practise a bit more in ATTI mode before I try the window-thing

Anyway - it will NOT be today, since it's windy, raining and snow is comming in the afternoon :-(

Have a nice day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4