Fly faster whid Phantom 1?

Reaction score
Hi.
Is it possible to change the max tilt angel or gain or something to fly faster but still have the attitude hold and gps?
does it fly faster in the ATTI mod then in GPS mode?

Best regard Pumbi

I don't know about the tilt angle. Someone else can comment on that. Perhaps moving to vision props and upping your throttle gains may help.

Ozzyguy said:
I don't know about the tilt angle. Someone else can comment on that. Perhaps moving to vision props and upping your throttle gains may help.
Neither of those will affect the max tilt angle, that's baked into the attitude hold code. Manual mode, or flying in a strong tailwind, are your best bets. People have clocked 60mph+ sustained on Phantoms doing this.

I didn't mean to suggest that they would affect the tilt angle. Just that the vision props are physically bigger so may help speed. I agree with using manual mode and taking advantage of the tail winds though.

ElGuano said:
Ozzyguy said:
Neither of those will affect the max tilt angle, that's baked into the attitude hold code. Manual mode, or flying in a strong tailwind, are your best bets. People have clocked 60mph+ sustained on Phantoms doing this.
Wonder what the maximum speed is, in Attitude mode, with the Vision props?
I've only gotten 15m/sec...on a test flight, and that was only about 50% throttle. I think my "record" with a tail-wind is only 35mph.......kinda nervous about just dumping the nose and adding full throttle with those big props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik