Fly away while filming fireworks and recovery !

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqKToMW5ts

Was filming fireworks in Pattaya when my Phantom had a fly away. 99% my fault because of the following.

Didn't wait for fully flashing green lights
Exploding fireworks drowned out the lights on my Phantom (lost visual)
Fireworks were remotely activated via wireless and may have overwhelmed my Phantom's link

Tourist Police convoyed me up to the Pattaya City sign and we found the **** thing in a bunch of jungle. The security guard up there promised to grab the Phantom during daylight and delivered it to my hotel.

Phantom works perfectly... GoPro was still attached :)

What a shame that would have been an awesome subject for a video. Sorry you had the crash but at least you know what happened.

Ok time to add another item to the preflight checklist.....

999 Not spotty children near by.
1000 No lightbulbs missing in street lights.
1001 You have not skipped lunch
1002 You have taken all your medication.
1003 You have not been cruel to any cats.
1004 Fireworks are not controlled by wifi

Keep the reports coming we will crack this eventually. :twisted:

Lol "wireless fireworks"

Shrimpfarmer said:

May I suggest 1005 *USA Only- Verify that all anti govt, Glen Beck supporter, lunatic fringe, card carrying prepper wingnuts with a bunker and assault weapon fitted with scope are either on a binge, (poor or no aim) sleeping it off, or engaged in backing a sheep into a corner (you only have 5 minutes, but that is a half a battery)

Fortunately that binge part is most of the time- I just worry about stray bullets.

Hiway said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

May I suggest 1005 *USA Only- Verify that all anti govt, Glen Beck supporter, lunatic fringe, card carrying prepper wingnuts with a bunker and assault weapon fitted with scope are either on a binge, (poor or no aim) sleeping it off, or engaged in backing a sheep into a corner (you only have 5 minutes, but that is a half a battery)

Fortunately that binge part is most of the time- I just worry about stray bullets.

:D :D :D Think I might buy a sheep and take it with me. Then I can lend it out if there is any trouble ;)

not5150 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqKToMW5ts

Was filming fireworks in Pattaya when my Phantom had a fly away. 99% my fault because of the following.

Glad your Phantom didn't suffer any damages. Seems like the light branches did a good job of catching your copter instead!

Not sure if this was the same place you tried to capture video from. Here's someone else's Phantom footage:

http://youtu.be/K0OIOaGLIrg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers