Fly Away Forum/Thread - a suggestion to the mods?

Reaction score
Hi guys... new to the forum but not at all new to forums!

The search function says 'fly away' is too common a term (even serarching in the title) so I was wondering if a thread/forum section has been created just to log fly away events?

If not what do people think to the idea? Not so much a place to discuss the reasons why but just a thread to put details such as date, time, conditions, IOC/Ati modes, if it was recovered and how etc? Something for you mods to consider?

£1000 (Phantom + Gopro) is a lot for anyone to loose and who knows maybe it is something DJI would find helpful?

Just a thought. Not happened to me (yet) but I have a GTU10 on route just as a precation.

DeweyAXD said:
Hi guys... new to the forum but not at all new to forums!
The search function says 'fly away' is too common a term (even serarching in the title) so I was wondering if a thread/forum section has been created just to log fly away events?

This thread is configured as a poll, but there are a ton of posts and reports about "flyaways." The whole subject seems to be a little bit like Bigfoot sightings-plenty of reports, but little evidence.

GeneL said:
This thread is configured as a poll, but there are a ton of posts and reports about "flyaways." The whole subject seems to be a little bit like Bigfoot sightings-plenty of reports, but little evidence.

Confucius says enough grains of sand in a bag can divert water & enough coat of paint will cover the truth.

while it may be true that there are reports of "fly-away" phantoms, the number of people who have had no such incident is most likely a lot more than those who have. consider this:

1 - there are a lot more people who own a phantom than there are people on forums
2 - majority of posts on forums are NOT about "fly-away"
3 - everyone is afraid of loosing their craft so this will always seem to be bigger than it is - it's human nature & is fear driven
4 - some of the "fly-away" problem can be attributed to operator error (not saying all, just some)
5 - since the updates that has been released, the "fly-away" seem to have stopped (at least i haven't read of any new ones)

Interesting read (the poll thread and the comments here).
I certainly agree with auck on many of your points. The percentage of Phantom owners vs Phantom forum posters is no doubt low in general. Plus the fact that such an incident on a new (and expensive) product will almost certainly prompt people to post about it will lead to a greater fear perception.

I guess its just a case of keeping eyes on the forum since the firmware update to see how bad the situation is. Meanwhile I'm going to sit back with the GTU10 strapped on and enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic