Fly at Golden Gate Bridge?

There was just a report on the news yesterday about a plane with passengers that crashed into a house and killed everyone. Yet the hysteria is all around small ~5lbs of plastic camera that can fly.

Just saying... o_O

I wasn't thinking you were very upset Mario, and I hadn't read your first post on this topic. Sad to say but I think that you are totally spot on with your comments. People appear to have "drone hysteria", and there is no telling what will fan the flames. And yes again, the guy who takes it just a "little too far", can REALLY fan the flames, and hurt it for the rest of us. And what he did might not be so horrible. If you were 50' off to the side in an Inspire (Or even a Phantom 3, but less so), the distraction to a driver could be a hazard all by itself. I'd be looking as fast as anyone! LOL "Drone sighting causes accident on Golden Gate Bridge." That would be just what we need. :(

I hadn't though of your EM interference remarks, and after a few seconds of thought, if being to close to a metal object is a risk -- as is repeated so often in DJI's literature -- you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger hazard than the GGB! :) I would think if you flew too close, common sense tells me a hand held compass would point at the bridge, so the P3's compass would be rendered useless if too "close". The distance that would be, I have no idea. I've landed near my car (10'), but that comparison is off by a billion tons or so I bet! LOL

Good points Mario. Would it be fun to take YOUR OWN video of the bridge? Sure. Considering there are easily found views from every possible vantage point, it's not worth the risk of upsetting someone. Whether justified or not sometimes doesn't even matter.

Thanks for seeing some of my points. Flying the Phantom 3 has been a lot fun and honestly it feels like I haven't pushed my imagination this much since childhood. I'm sure a lot of us feel that way. That said, I've had to stop myself a few times from trying out certain things or for looking for that perfect footage of something because it was either too darn risky or I simply because I would be bringing too much attention to myself. Someone here, in one of the forums, said that all us should be good stewards and ambassadors of the hobby and should strive to set a good example and I couldn't agree more with that. :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Ti22
There was just a report on the news yesterday about a plane with passengers that crashed into a house and killed everyone. Yet the hysteria is all around small ~5lbs of plastic camera that can fly.

Just saying... o_O

Dude, a while back I crashed one of those mini Hubsan X4's by accident into this guys brand new F-150! Needless to say that I scratched up his paint job and he definitely wasn't a happy camper. Even though I was flying out in the middle of a soccer field, the thing still manage to fly out of control and into the parking lot. It stupid things like that, know what I mean? I think that's where the focus is where millions of people will be acquiring these easy to fly "toys".

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers