Floored by my recent DJI Customer Service Experience. In a good way

Reaction score
About 6 weeks back right after they released the 3.12 update that was recalled I had a devastating crash. I powered on and everything checked out. Made sure gps, compass etc were on point and started the motors. As soon as I gave it throttle it just took off. Went straight up 300 feet, inverted, and came straight down onto pavement and broke into pieces.

I sent it off to DJI with little hope of anything happening and just kind of put it in the back of my mind until today.

I just got this email

Upon inspection of your Phantom we were able to diagnose your issue as a damaged black motor, silver motor, flight controller, center board, top shell, bottom shell, ESC, GPS, gimbal, battery terminal, and WIFI cable. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. This repair has fallen under warranty and you will not be charged.

Thank you for supporting DJI products.

I have no idea how they fixed it because it was literally broken into 20 pieces. I couldn't even find the camera.

I have heard scores of horror stories about dealing with them but I have to give them credit where credit is due.

I had since bought the Vision Plus so I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it.

Btw love the new mobile interface

About 6 weeks back right after they released the 3.12 update that was recalled I had a devastating crash. I powered on and everything checked out. Made sure gps, compass etc were on point and started the motors. As soon as I gave it throttle it just took off. Went straight up 300 feet, inverted, and came straight down onto pavement and broke into pieces.

I sent it off to DJI with little hope of anything happening and just kind of put it in the back of my mind until today.

I just got this email

Upon inspection of your Phantom we were able to diagnose your issue as a damaged black motor, silver motor, flight controller, center board, top shell, bottom shell, ESC, GPS, gimbal, battery terminal, and WIFI cable. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. This repair has fallen under warranty and you will not be charged.

I have no idea how they fixed it because it was literally broken into 20 pieces. I couldn't even find the camera.

I have heard scores of horror stories about dealing with them but I have to give them credit where credit is due.

If I were you, I would run out and buy some lottery tickets before the luck wears off!

If I were you, I would run out and buy some lottery tickets before the luck wears off!

Agreed. Mine has been checked in the repair queue for over a month now with no updates.

I sent it in to look at ESCs before I even flew this one. I figure that should be a quick process.

I presume you meant the 3.10 firmware, 3.12 is the current one and has not been recalled (yet :) )

What they probably did was verify that you had the buggy firmware on board and accepted full liability on that basis.

I submitted an email request for a RMA for a defective component on the NAZA (negative altitude) and received a return email the next day, and a return authorization within three days. I was impressed...

Pretty sweet. I've had good luck with them too, talking, not so much via email.

They'v (DJI) been getting pretty good in the warranty/repair area. Prepaid shipping, fast turn around, hope they keep it that way.

I just got this email

Not to be a party pooper but talk is cheap report back when the bird is in your hands then go get some lotto tickets :)

Agreed. Mine has been checked in the repair queue for over a month now with no updates.

I sent it in to look at ESCs before I even flew this one. I figure that should be a quick process.

It was about 5 weeks before I heard anything after the initial check in. Before it got checked in I had to call after waiting two weeks and hearing nothing. I was on hold for 30 minutes. It is a sloooow process still but I am happy I am getting anything.

DJI is feeling the pressure from companies like Yuneec who's Customer service is second to none!!! I have several friends who have sold their Phantoms and purchased the Yuneec Q500.

I just got this email

I just received a reply, for my message that I sent 4 months ago! No, it didn't answer my question. But, thanks to DJI for responding!

DJI is feeling the pressure from companies like Yuneec who's Customer service is second to none!!! I have several friends who have sold their Phantoms and purchased the Yuneec Q500.
When I get it back I am going to sell it along with my new Plus and buy a Hubsan Pro and extras.

Me too. I've set my mind on getting the Yuneec Q500. It not that I hate my phantom. I like it. But after some $$$ and fitting everything it still has some drawbacks. My neighbor and I flew the phantom and the Yuneec together and the difference was amazing. Where my little overweight phantom struggled to get of the ground in a straight line up, The Yuneec looked like a NASA rocket perfectly going straight up. I love it.

So, i'm saving my money for the Q500, in the meanwhile I keep flying my phantom with pleasure!

Just heard back from DJI about the phantom I sent back in February. Don't know how I should feel about the "repair" as all they did was update firmware. Was hoping for some other fixes or replacement of ESC as I don't think there is a way I can check the firmware.

"Upon inspection of your Phantom we were able to diagnose your issue as incorrect firmware on the ESC's. The firmware has been updated to version 4.06 and your Phantom has been test flown and is fully functional. This repair has fallen under warranty and you will not be charged. Please refer to your user manual to rebind your Phantom to the RC before your next flight.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4