flips with a DJI Phantom?

Reaction score
Anybody know how to do inverted flips with a DJI Phantom 3? I know you could do it with the Phantom 1 and 2

I did one just yesterday. Caught the landing gear on the top rail of the gazebo in my front yard. I yanked the stick trying to avoid it, and my Standard did a beautiful flip. Camera was running, too. I'll post later. It was amazing to me how quickly it recovered, I don't think it lost over a foot in altitude.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Doing flips requires *full* manual flight mode. With a lot of people crashing their P2's in this mode, it's been removed from the P3.

**** I wanted to do some sick inverts with my quad [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anybody know how to do inverted flips with a DJI Phantom 3? I know you could do it with the Phantom 1 and 2
I would try to avoid "flips". My Phantom 4 did an inverted flip and flew powered into the ground upside down! DJI is dragging their feet on telling me why. I suspect a design flaw or firmware glitch but so far they are not talking. The Phantom was not damaged severely and has been repaired and on its way back but not knowing why this occurred, it is likely to happen again. Has ANYONE ever had a Phantom flip or can anyone make one flip over? I doubt it. I challenged DJI to reproduce this situation and they have not taken the challenge.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic