Flipped over on take off. What to look for??

Reaction score
so the moment everyone dreads lol.
Auto took off tonight and I think I accident flipped the switch to atti for a split second and then Switched it back to gps , but it must have confused the bird, because I got a compass error and a satellite positioning off error. ( only seen and noticed after the crash)

Then the bird took off about 1-2 feet. It it didn't look right then it flew back and tipped over and thankfully landed props on the floor legs in the air.

Got a little dirty but checked it over and nothing seems to be damaged.

Restarted her and she seemed to fly fine. Did 2 battery's and seemed fine.

So my question is really

1. What to lol for? I'm guessing I have covered it ok but just double checking.

2. Can these things take a little bang now and the ? Are they at least a little robust?

Cheers

Darren

The guy that bought my standard flipped it on his first lesson. Other than getting mud on the props, it was fine.

Thanks mate, luckily it was only like 3-4 ft in the air and on grass.

52 flights now so I guess 1 flip in 52 isn't too bad lol.

Remove do magic power and did a test.

1 direction was worse and 1 direction was better lol.

Now what to do ha ha ?

so the moment everyone dreads lol.
Auto took off tonight and I think I accident flipped the switch to atti for a split second and then Switched it back to gps , but it must have confused the bird, because I got a compass error and a satellite positioning off error. ( only seen and noticed after the crash)

Then the bird took off about 1-2 feet. It it didn't look right then it flew back and tipped over and thankfully landed props on the floor legs in the air.

Got a little dirty but checked it over and nothing seems to be damaged.

Restarted her and she seemed to fly fine. Did 2 battery's and seemed fine.

So my question is really

1. What to lol for? I'm guessing I have covered it ok but just double checking.

2. Can these things take a little bang now and the ? Are they at least a little robust?

Cheers

Darren
Hi yeh lucky,,mayby recalibrate after small knock,,,i have never done auto take off after a flip over 2years back on a detect x380,,instead of goin staight up it drifted on launch pad and grass tipped it over,,:(

Hi yeh lucky,,mayby recalibrate after small knock,,,i have never done auto take off after a flip over 2years back on a detect x380,,instead of goin staight up it drifted on launch pad and grass tipped it over,,:(

I did do a Calibration straight after lol.

52 flights 99% all with auto take off and 1 time makes your heart sink. Lol.

Hopefully no harm though.

Forgot to add when it landed props down all motors seemed to stop.

Picked it up by the legs and 3 motors spun up again the 4th tries but my hand was blocking the prop so it stopped.
I then as fast as I could shut it all down.

Anyone see any possible issues there?

Picked it up by the legs and 3 motors spun up again the 4th tries but my hand was blocking the prop so it stopped.

Sometimes,,,if on start up it seems all good,,just fly like normal ,,alls motors spin ok,,as long as it didnt have load on motor while not spinning for long period cause it will burn out you shoud b ok:)

Reactions: Dazzauk
Sometimes,,,if on start up it seems all good,,just fly like normal ,,alls motors spin ok,,as long as it didnt have load on motor while not spinning for long period cause it will burn out you shoud b ok:)

I flew 29000 ft total distance for 35mins after. So I guess all ok.

Now just to figure out weather to install magic power again lol.

I flew 29000 ft total distance for 35mins after. So I guess all ok.

Now just to figure out weather to install magic power again lol.
Yeh thats good must be ok ,,:)all i need is rain to stop and i be out for a spin aswell,just checking birds over now happy flyin

Range is usually better when AC is facing YOU than going away ... that's what I find anyway.

I even tested it by flying backwards away from me ... I got 200m more that day, ok its not a definitive test as it was only one normal and one reversed flight comparison.

But I do notice that I can keep signal longer when its facing me ... never really looked to see why ... has to be antenna orientation on the AC.

Nigel

Yep.........keep your hands out of the props!!!!! It hurts........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic