Flipped GPS switch / power out

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Quick question: I was out flying today and just after my second battery was almost out (slow red flash) I seemed to loose control / signal and my P2 landed itself over 100 ft away from the home location. It must have switched to rapid red flashes and triggered the landing procedure.

Luckily it was over a field. After I'd retrieved it, I noticed the GPS switch was flipped to the middle ATTI – (although not entirely sure I did this until I ran to grab the Phantom).

If I had switched mid-flight, is this why the craft landed itself a distance away, i.e, if in ATTI mode does it land at it's current location as soon as the battery is low enough to force it to, or may there be another reason? I had plenty of battery in the controller, and wasn't that far away.

it depends on what you have set in the software. you probably ran low on battery and it auto landed

Ksc said:
it depends on what you have set in the software. you probably ran low on battery and it auto landed

It's in Phantom 2 mode, I've not played around with the NAZA-M stuff yet.

Sure, it did auto land, but not at the home location – which is why I'm puzzled.

even in gps mode it will not RTH for a low battery, it only does this if you triggeer failsafe or you loose control signal or switch off your tx

shortyuk said:
even in gps mode it will not RTH for a low battery, it only does this if you triggeer failsafe or you loose control signal or switch off your tx
Oh ****! really?! I didn't realise that. Explains the behaviour. Thank **** I was near a field :?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1