Flight time with new motors???

I thought electric motors in general had a mostly flat torque curve, right from the go and up until a certain rpm when it drops (unlike combustion engines). The power of course changes and that affects efficiency in general, but power is a result of torque X rpm so if you accelerate it draws more current, so economy is about rpm not torque. Or so I believed.

In my experience, power torque curves are parabolic but all 3 parameters must be on the same plot. The current plot is fairly linear as you can see from the example plot that I posted. If you accelerate (climb), there is more torque required and your plot points shift to the right. This means more motor torque required and definitely more current. The motor efficiency will also shift to the right and decline.

We need the 2312 motor torque curves.

In my experience, power torque curves are parabolic but all 3 parameters must be on the same plot. The current plot is fairly linear as you can see from the example plot that I posted. If you accelerate (climb), there is more torque required and your plot points shift to the right. This means more motor torque required and definitely more current. The motor efficiency will also shift to the right and decline.

We need the 2312 motor torque curves.

What I meant is that with electric motors 100% of the torque is available from the go, and flat all the way to some high RPMs depending on engine configuration.

But torque is a force unit, so in theory it does not demand current variation to be produced. But power do because it's a work unit and work is what uses the energy to be accomplished in different levels.

In other words, torque is used to turn the props yes but it is the props turning (RPM) that allows movement (and also acceleration, variations in speed, height, direction, etc. if we're talking about A/Cs). And that is what affects the energy consumption.

I could be wrong of course, that's just what I always thought right.

What I meant is that with electric motors 100% of the torque is available from the go, and flat all the way to some high RPMs depending on engine configuration.

Do you agree that going from "no load" torque (left side) to "Stall torque" (right side) there is a point where your motor's power will reverse it's direction? This reverse of direction is illustrated by the peak in the parabolic plot. What flat (linear) parameter are you thinking of? The current consumption is linear and slopes positive.

If you use this motor to drive a car's wheel then I think the car's forward speed would be linear and a negative slope. I am not sure we can use this speed slope in the quad copter application.

Peoples! understand that Dji fix the crack problem in one way or another so everybody happy! For some reason the 960 kV power of this old motors cost the crack for some of u out there and will happen again in some more, they just make sure u get a less power in that shell to prevent this happen in short time and that's all but if u are smart keep the power of the old version 2312 and prevent the crack with motor reenforsment I don't say will not happen !is your choice
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448679842.912159.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl