Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flight Through a 270 Year Old 4 Story Mill Building

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by FlyHighPhoto, Feb 25, 2014.

1. FlyHighPhoto

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum, but I have to say I love it so far! I hope this is the right place to share some of my recent flight videos, this video was probably my best FPV flight experience yet, extremely exhilarating.

The Champman / Beverly Mill was built in 1742 and was for some time the largest stacked rock building in the United States. It had a devastating fire several years back, gutting the entire 4 story building aside from several cast iron mill wheels, and the outer walls.

Anyways, it was a very pleasurable flight, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa1_2tkWbMs[/youtube]

2. OI Photography

Neat! There's a bunch of old mills and other stone buildings like that back in MD I visited as a kid that I would love to return to and fly in.

3. FlyHighPhoto

I live right across the border from Maryland in Virginia, but you're right, this entire DC Metro area has a lot of history, and old buildings to explore.

Where did you move to after Maryland if you don't mind me asking?

4. OI Photography

The list includes NC, FL, LA, TX, and now TN. I grew up in Gaithersburg, moved to NC at 18, moved back to MD for a few years, then on to FL and points beyond :)

Check out this thread for other pilots in that area you may want to connect with: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4346

5. FlyHighPhoto

Fantastic! I had no idea so many other people nearby had Phantoms. Thank you so much for sharing that link.

Wow, you have quite a resume of past residencies. Out of all of these, which place was your favorite to live? I'm a NOVAITE born and raised, and ready for a move myself.

6. OI Photography

I'll PM you some more info later today ;)