Flight simulator

Reaction score
Hi,
Set up my phantom 4 today. I did some practice on the flight simulator first. When I went to setup to actually fly in the overall status it says flight simulator connected and to turn off the aircraft. I have done that several times and it is still telling me the simulator is on and the craft cannot takeoff??

Does anyone have any experience with this??

I must admit that I have used the flight sim quite a few times... when that is huge wind or storms at my place - gotta have some fun much to the girlfriend's disapproval

I must admit that I have used the flight sim quite a few times... when that is huge wind or storms at my place - gotta have some fun much to the girlfriend's disapproval
Yep, don't use the simulator as it's different then actually flying. Go out there and experience the real thing [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

No airline pilot ever went out and experienced the real thing without doing Sim training first, this is no different. The simulator, among other things, helps control co-ordination and getting used to crossed controlling when the drone is coming towards you. I used to be a simulator instructor, you can never overstate the value of simulator training.

I never used a simulator until 3 weeks ago but even then I was flying the phantom 2 months and picked it up by slowly pressing on the control pads to get the ides of how to fly it. Simulator is just something to do on the toilet [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

No commercial pilot has the luxury of just letting go of the controls ro have the AC stop in a hover and provide thinking time. Or to fly itself home if control lost.

Learn slowly flying within the limits of your ever increasing capability.

I'm not suggesting simulators don't have merit. Esp something like real flight which is significantly better than the GO app sim.

I am saying that the current DJI and other similar drones are so easy to fly that you can easily get into the hobby and in the air with zero experience. I laughed constantly my first few flights. RC heli's are impossible to fly in comparison, SIM's save a lot of money and frustration in that hobby.

Reactions: Emu
I think that what Bullettwo was asking about was the aircraft locking up after using the simulator. YES, I had that very problem today. I had entered the simulator yesterday, and today I flew on the first battery, no problem. When I landed and put in a fresh charged battery the system locked up and said that "simulator has already been run" or something like that, and I got a red error message that I could not take off.

A little research discloses that when running the simulator the motors are locked so the props can't turn. When exiting the simulator you are supposed to turn everything off, but I did that and still had the error message. If this happens again I am going to try opening the simulator and then closing it, and turn UAV, RC, and iPad off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20