Flight simulator question.

Reaction score
Can the P3 controller be connected to a computer via the usb and run a flight simulator software for practice. I want to learn how to control the P3 if I need to. I also want to get in to maybe FPV drone racing and need to learn how to fly. Or do I need to go but a regular RC 4-8 channel controller.

Nope, USB connection not designed in the controller for that type of data traffic.

If you use an iOS device like I do, to fly your Phantom with, the Phantom 3 has its own built in SIM program. Not in the Ardroid Go App.
If you want to buy a separate flight SIM, I would suggest RealFlight 7.5, get the helicopter version package. it has quads to fly. Or Phoenix SIM is also quite good, I have heard.

RedHotPoker

Can the P3 controller be connected to a computer via the usb and run a flight simulator software for practice. I want to learn how to control the P3 if I need to. I also want to get in to maybe FPV drone racing and need to learn how to fly. Or do I need to go but a regular RC 4-8 channel controller.

That would be really nice if there were an interface of some sort. I have improved my "feel" for flying quite a bit just with a "toy", the X5c, since the control layout is the same. Nothing more fun than chasing my 6 year old around the house while the dog chases the quadcopter - he even catches it, but I've trained him not to kill it. Amazingly durable little thing.

If you run Android and have a Windows PC you can download the flight simulator from DJI

I have IOS and a Mac. I will try the DJI app and see how it goes. I also want to learn RC planes as well.

Why not just practice with the phantom? Its such an unbelievably steady platform. First try in GPS, then do some attitude flying.

I have been doing just that. I fly around some cactus back and forth and I ma getting better. I will get a nano quad as well and practice with that. I hope to also fly planes and of corse that it different. I just though the flight sim would be great practice in the evenings..

Try RealFlight 7.5 & you will be in love again... ;-)
Guaranteed.

RedHotPoker

What about exiting flight simulator? It seems my program is stuck in the mode of flight simulator. Because when I tried to fly this morning and went to use the auto launch button, it said flight simulator failed. And I was not even trying to use the simulator.

Were you using the SIM recently?
You may need to uninstall and then reload the Go App.
Removing the Strange artifact. . .

RedHotPoker

I was thinking that it was either an App issue or something like the SIM. Will give it a shot. Thank you.

Now Go and have fun. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20