Flight Restriction Kept It From Coming Home.

Reaction score
Firstly, my apologies if this has been covered. Search as I may I failed to find the exact problem.

OK, I flew my P4P today from the back of my house where I've had perhaps 50 very successful flights before. When it got about 500 yds away and about 40' high the flight restrictions kicked in. I could lower it but it only came partially back before it announced that I'd reached a distance flight restriction. It could fly further away but hit an invisible wall when it got within perhaps 50' of me. No matter which way it was facing It simply wouldn't come to me!! (I had set a RTH point manually before I flew but that height and distance didn't seem related to these new restrictions.) No big deal as I landed it and walked over to get it. But if I was over water or a canyon there would have been no way I could have retrieved it.

I shut everything down, started it up again and no problem, it flew great. The only thing I can think of is that I live near a tiny, dirt runway community airport and on the first flight forgot to check off the disclaimer warning. But would that have kept it from coming back to me? It wasn't due to it's position because no matter how I faced it, it simply would come any closer.

If this has been covered I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
As always... many thanks!

ST

Sign out of DJI go and sign back in again and the restriction should be gone [emoji4]

Reactions: Sprague

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic