Flight floor level

Reaction score
Hi there
I am looking a purchasing a Vision + and would like to know if there is any function (possibly in Ground Station) to set a flight floor level, so that the Phantom cannot accidentally be flown below that level.
It could be useful for missions flown above water. How about out of GPS mode, as some of the flights would be under bridges where GPS signal would be erratic?
Cheers

You actually set each waypoints altitude to your desired height and the bird will fly according to those values. Caution when using ground station near trees or other obstacles, when the phantom launches on a GS mission it will not climb vertical initially. It will in fact take off and fly toward your first waypoint as it climbs. So if you have a tree line in the way between you and the first waypoint it could strike the tree line. I recommend setting your first waypoint as close to the home point as possible that way it will have room to fly to it and then climb to your predetermined set altitude for the second waypoint and so on and so on.

Thanks kymedic121.

Good point about the first waypoint.
How about when not using predefined routes, but when manually controlling the Phantom. Anyway to stop it going below the home (or other set elevation)?

If I am not mistaken, and the way I understand it the Defined routes (waypoint flying in the Ground Station program are only available in the GPS mode) When you are in Manual Mode you are flying strictly by your inputs and will be effected by all external forces with no electronic assistance whatsoever. You can find the Manual setting in the NAZAM mode in your Assistant Software and then change from Phantom mode to Nazam and then you will configure your S1 switch to enable the Manual Mode feature.

klubbnz said:
Thanks kymedic121.

Good point about the first waypoint.
How about when not using predefined routes, but when manually controlling the Phantom. Anyway to stop it going below the home (or other set elevation)?

A couple of thoughts. First I don't agree with setting the first waypoint above you. It's very difficult to get that first point in such a way as to allow the Phantom to climb if you have any obstacles near you. Unless you are in a open field, I would highly recommend climbing your phantom to above the obstacles and then executing the"go" for the mission. Much cleaner transition. Then when it returns the last point is your home point which is near you usually. Secondly, I think your question is not really regarding manual mode but manually flying it without use of ground station points. There is no function I am aware of which allows you to set minimum altitudes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20