Flight Data Question

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Lost all Video Downlink while out doing a few sunset photo's the other day. I was at an altitude of roughly 210 ft and about the same in distance. Brought her back in just fine, re-booted everything and went up again and returned without incident. Looking at the flight data, I notice that the first time entry is 1min 13.7 sec on the first flight which I had to bring in, but the second flight started at 0min 0.9 sec. My main question is, at what point does the data stream begin. At power up, at RC connection, or at motor start? Not sure why the first one looked so odd.

I don't have a P3 but I'll just try to wing it and somebody can shoot me down later if they want...

I believe there is a good chance that when your video downlink went down the other day, the flight log also crashed, then restarted midflight, and that's why the log shows it started at 1:13.7.

To wing the main question, I believe it starts at power up.

Reactions: jerrys54
I don't have a P3 but I'll just try to wing it and somebody can shoot me down later if they want...

I believe there is a good chance that when your video downlink went down the other day, the flight log also crashed, then restarted midflight, and that's why the log shows it started at 1:13.7.

To wing the main question, I believe it starts at power up.

The Downlink never recovered until I brought it down and re-started everything. The data I do have looks like it failed 7min 46sec in to the first flight. There is no data for the first one after that point. And I tend to agree that the Data stream begins at AC power up thanks for trying!

I believe at power up also.
On P3S, if you loose data and get the data back before you power off there will be more than one flight, since your flight log is recording on your mobile device. I have seen this in my own flights and to 5 in others that have posted there flights trying to figure out what went wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31