Flight Control Update please!

Reaction score
I assume DJI monitors this forum, so here goes...

It sure seems like having the ability to run a route set in flight control using course lock would be a MASSIVE improvement. One would be able to pan the camera and change orientation while it is running the route (not just panning up and down and waiting for it to make turns, etc)... this would make the phantom it a TON more fun and videos a lot more interesting. It sure seems like this functionality is already all baked into the Phantom... come on DJI... can't you turn it on?

Welcome to the forums. I'm not quite sure what you are saying here as you used pan in 2 different contexts...if its programable waypoints you want then that is already available but you cannot point the camera any other way other than its direction of flight. You only have camera tilt control available during a GS mission. You physically cannot pan the camera at all, you yaw the aircraft slowly to achieve a pan effect (not in GS). You can of course fly sideways to get a tracking shot too or as you have said use course lock. Sorry if you maybe knew all this already.

As far as GS goes we have been waiting what seems forever for improvements like Point of Interest, yaw control in flight etc. I'm not holding my breath though. The Inspire doesn't even have these features at launch but we are told such features will come at some point. Whether it filters down to Phantoms its any ones guess as they use different flight controllers.

I don't really think DJI monitor this forum officially but they do occasionaly make announcements and there are DJI employee members here. There are however other forums out there where they are interactive.

It sure seems that using the course lock feature set they already have baked into the phantom... they could use that same bit of code to essentially do a course lock for each new heading programed in ground control... and then it would be like having a floating camera not an RC. Sure seems technically doable... I hope DJI sees that. It would make the whole thing so much cooler!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers