Flight concerns

What u flying and what equipment u flying with. Pics & details are important so we can help

Is there anyway possible to see where you're going? Some app you guys recommend that can show battery life/altitude?

You need to add an FPV (first person view) kit to your Phantom 2. For battery life/altitude info, you also need an OSD. Many people like the DJI iOSD mini.

If you don't have a Gimbal/GoPro, and you only want FPV, you might consider this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It comes with a camera and transmitter and cost under $30. You would also need a receiver.

You need to add an FPV (first person view) kit to your Phantom 2. For battery life/altitude info, you also need an OSD. Many people like the DJI iOSD mini.

If you don't have a Gimbal/GoPro, and you only want FPV, you might consider this:

It comes with a camera and transmitter and cost under $30. You would also need a receiver.
Very helpful I appreciate it

If you have a action cam get the Skyzone TS5823 200mw video transmitter it will just plug into your camera, You can get it for around $30 U.S and $38 CAN.
I bought mine from rotorgeeks

If you have a action cam get the Skyzone TS5823 200mw video transmitter it will just plug into your camera, You can get it for around $30 U.S and $38 CAN.
I bought mine from rotorgeeks
Wow that'll work great but would that interfere with the RC to drone frequency?

I have it on my phantom and it works great. You can go about 1.5k away without loosing signal

I connected mine to a monitor .Watch this video it should help.
it will show something called a IOSD mini in the video but you don't need it

I connected mine to a monitor .Watch this video it should help.
it will show something called a IOSD mini in the video but you don't need it
It's asking to choose between a SMA and RP-SMA option. Do you know which one it is?

They both do the same thing here is a video explaining the difference

They both do the same thing here is a video explaining the difference
Oh I see went with the SMA to be safe. Just ordered it, seems easy to install can any monitor off amazon work for this?

I don't know, you can email rotorgeeks and ask what they suggest to connect it to or if you can connect it to your phone.

If you are using a gopro you can use the blue tooth & teh go pro app on your cell phone for a "poor Man's FPV" but I found it eats up the go pro battery life and range is limited.

I did that until I got a avl58 transmitter and a Black Pearl reciever/monitor combo.

Reactions: henreyes21
If you are using a gopro you can use the blue tooth & teh go pro app on your cell phone for a "poor Man's FPV" but I found it eats up the go pro battery life and range is limited.

I did that until I got a avl58 transmitter and a Black Pearl reciever/monitor combo.

But with a P2 you shouldn't use the GoPro WiFi because your controller uses the same frequency, so you are risking losing control of your P2...

But with a P2 you shouldn't use the GoPro WiFi because your controller uses the same frequency, so you are risking losing control of your P2...

Does teh anti-interference board prevent that? Or am I mis understanding what that does? Noob here myself.

Does teh anti-interference board prevent that? Or am I mis understanding what that does? Noob here myself.

From B&H:
The Anti-Interference Board for Zenmuse H3-3D from DJI is used when installing the H3-3D on the Phantom 2, and fits between 8-pin cable and the G8 port on the gimbal. It filters the power being supplied to the gimbal to help minimize any interference with the video signal. It is specifically for Phantom 2 Installations, and is not suitable for use in other aircraft models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.