Flew out a mile and back.

Reaction score
Wanting to see how altitude effects distance, I determined 100 feet worked to 1 mile.
No trees in the VLOS over 60 feet or so, flat land, open with no power lines.
At 1 mile video got unstable at times, but rising again to 150 feet and that cleared. Decided to bring it back, flying back against 5mph wind, didn't want to take chances.
But, with only stock antenna, I felt that was pretty good. :)

If you study the fresnel zone, you'll better understand why height is important. For example, assuming no wifi interference, if you get 1 mile distance at a height of 100 feet holding your controller at your waist, you can also get 1 mile distance standing at a height of 100' (e.g. standing at the top of a steep hill) and flying three feet off the ground.

If you study the fresnel zone, you'll better understand why height is important. For example, assuming no wifi interference, if you get 1 mile distance at a height of 100 feet holding your controller at your waist, you can also get 1 mile distance standing at a height of 100' (e.g. standing at the top of a steep hill) and flying three feet off the ground.
Absolutely, I normally don't fly extremely far away, but a project might require 1 mile or more to complete.
High ground is a great advantage, use it if ya hot it.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1