Flew my furthest distance today

Reaction score
Not a real big deal i know others have gone much further . but did just over 10,000 ' away then got a phone call so hit return to home and let the bird fly back on her own . no aids in this and had a few video glitches but very minor . was hoping to get a full 15,000' may try again tomorrow

Not a real big deal i know others have gone much further . but did just over 10,000 ' away then got a phone call so hit return to home and let the bird fly back on her own . no aids in this and had a few video glitches but very minor . was hoping to get a full 15,000' may try again tomorrow
careful long range flying is addictive ..lol and try putting your device in aeroplane mode and you want get distracted by a call.

Reactions: rustybucket
Unless you absolutely had to take that phone call I would suggest you consider flying manually in preference to RTH at those distances. With only FPV you have lost any other opportunity to observe any potential hazards.
I agree but it was a call i could not not answer . My dad and he's going through radiation now . anyway it was 10,000 ft over a lake so no hazards other then the water . after all this is my replacement refurbished p4 that replaced the one i dunked a few weeks back . it flys better then the first . much less video feed problems and seems to get better signal

He means on his phone lol :D

got ya . put phone in airplane mode when flying so it's won't ring and get distracted . . lol
Just so you know i felt perfectly safe letting the computer fly the drone home . windy today so will wait to try for 15,000'

got ya . put phone in airplane mode when flying so it's won't ring and get distracted . . lol
Just so you know i felt perfectly safe letting the computer fly the drone home . windy today so will wait to try for 15,000'
Oooooh!!! That makes sense.
I put my phone in airplane mode and threw it off the roof, thinking if would fly. That's why the Verizon people were laughing so hard.

Reactions: lmmavrick

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4