Flashing Red LED

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just got my phantom and followed the video and manuals to get to power up stage.

Unfortunately though all I get is a constant flashing RED LED and nothing else. :? Double checked the battery, its fully charged.

When I connect to the assistant software it all seems fine. I have calibrated the controller and that seemed to go ok too.

Anyone have any advice please?

How are you checking battery ? which values shows eachj cell ?

Im just using the standard charger and keeping it plugged in till I get the solid green light. Its the battery that came with the Phantom not an after market one. I set the charger up the same as the video, LiPo 3A 3S

In the assistant software I am getting a "CFG Error" that says there may be a problem with the 3.16 Firmware Upgrade, Im not sure if the two things are related.

Can you rollback the Firmware Upgrade ?

Yeap... some are faulty and doesn't charge enough or went under 3.0 v per cell so are unusable.

Ok thanks that makes sense, I hope that's all it is, I will get another battery and se what happens. Cheers

Hi guys

All fixed. This was the solution ...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2365 :D

The problem was the controller was too far out of calibration with the Phantom so it wouldn't allow anything to start.

If you get a little yellow alert triangle in the bottom corner of the screen after upgrading to 3.16, you need to follow this fix basically or you will just get a series of red flashes and nothing will work. Its all related it just happened that because I was also dealing with a new unit, the battery thing could have been true too, so it was a bit confusing.

Thanks for the input everyone

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj