Flashing red and green

Reaction score
So I have a p2v+ and when I do a compass calibration it will sometimes flash green once the red 2 x's. Not getting red and yellow flashing lights but red and green.
I know it probably is an issue with the calibration but it would be nice if I new exactly what it means. Please help me out! Thanks, Rick

So I have a p2v+ and when I do a compass calibration it will sometimes flash green once the red 2 x's. Not getting red and yellow flashing lights but red and green.
I know it probably is an issue with the calibration but it would be nice if I new exactly what it means. Please help me out! Thanks, Rick

So when you initiate compass cal you should get solid yellow,
then after completing the horizontal rotation you should get solid green,
then after completing the vertical (nose down) rotation [may take more than 360 degrees of rotation] it will return the GPS status sequence you describe as green followed by red flashes indicating the number of sats. 'locked'... this is GOOD.

Alternating red - yellow is NOT what you want as THAT indicates a compass cal problem.

Last edited:
Cool! Im glad its a good thing! So far this has had no issues but my P2 had a few which would cause it to crash. You made my day!

So when you initiate compass cal you should get solid yellow,
then after completing the horizontal rotation you should get solid green,
then after completing the vertical (nose down) rotation [may take more than 360 degrees of rotation] it will return the GPS status sequence you describe as green followed by red flashes indicating the number of sats. 'locked'... this is GOOD.

Alternating red - yellow is NOT what you want as THAT indicates a compass cal problem.
So you have to estimate the NUMBER of red flashes to calculate how many satellites have been connected? Have I understood you correctly?

So you have to estimate the NUMBER of red flashes to calculate how many satellites have been connected? Have I understood you correctly?

no
Red flashes mean it hasn’t locked enough sats

in naza mode ( from memory)

green red red less than5 sats
Green green red less than 6 sats
Green green green enough sats locked

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member