Flashing LED code meaning

mmn

Reaction score
I'm getting a sequence I don't quite understand.

I'm in NAZA mode with IOC and both switches up (IOC off and GPS mode). Fresh battery (above 90% in Vision App). I get a GPS lock with about 8 sats. I am in a height restricted zone and I get a warning on the Vision app that I am restricted to between 20 m and 120 m height.

The rear LED sequence I'm getting is green, rapidly flashing red, green, etc. Flies ok, GPS lock seems ok, but that flashing red sequence is bothering me. I see that in Phantom mode that can indicate low battery, which is not the case, but not sure if it's the same in NAZA mode. Tried two different batts.

I'm just wondering if it has something to do with being in a restricted zone.

You have answered your own question, rapid red flashing is warning you that you are flying in restricted airspace.

harbourside said:
You have answered your own question, rapid red flashing is warning you that you are flying in restricted airspace.

Thanks! Is that documented somewhere? Didn't see it in either the P2V+ manual or the NAZA manual.

Edit: Bottom of page 31 of the P2V+ User Manual.

It is confusing as there are lots of different meanings to the Red flashing lights, depending on if you are in Phantom or Naza mode, battery level, restricted airspace, etc.
I guess as a quick test you could jump in the car and take it outside the restriction to see if it stops.

harbourside said:
It is confusing as there are lots of different meanings to the Red flashing lights, depending on if you are in Phantom or Naza mode, battery level, restricted airspace, etc.
I guess as a quick test you could jump in the car and take it outside the restriction to see if it stops.
Yes it does. I've flown several times outside the zone, but this was the first time at my house which is only a couple of miles from an airport. I knew I was in a height restricted zone and the Vision app told me so, but I didn't quite get the red flashes. It flew fine and I didn't really feel like testing the limits.

From Page 31:
"When flying in the safety zone, LED flight indicators will blink red quickly and continue for 3 seconds, then switch to indicate current flying status and continue for 5 seconds at which point it will switch back to red blinking."

Not quite what I was seeing. Doesn't continue for 3 seconds or 5 seconds. More like a green flash, then fast red flashes for about 1 second, the another green flash and so on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4