flashing green then red

Reaction score
Hi, I've only had my Phantom 2 a couple of weeks, so I'm still getting used to its idiosyncrasies, but I've just encountered an issue that I haven't been able to find an explanation for.

Having set the Phantom 2 up and waited for the GPS green lights to flash I take off, but the Phantom 2 doesn't hover particularly still and drifts around. Once in the air the lights flash green several times normally, but it then flashes red a couple of times and then goes back to flashing green and so on. The battery is fully charged. The Phantom doesn't drift as much as when GPS mode is off, but it doesn't stay in place the way it does when GPS is working well. I'm not sure what the issue could be as it's not a sequence I've been able to find an explanation for.

Do you have your Phantom 2 in "Phantom 2 mode" or "Naza-M mode"?
If you don't know then you can hook the Phantom up on the USB and connect it to the assistant software.

It might be losing a GPS fix is my first guess.

Where are you flying? Sounds like you may have a little GPS interference.

It is in Phantom mode. I am in South East London UK, and am within a restricted fly zone, but the distance I am from London City Airport means it should fly just fine, but be restricted in how high it can fly. Are the green then red flashing lights to indicate a restricted zone then? The instability of it made me think it was more likely an issue with the GPS, but it's only ever flashed yellow when I didn't have a signal and green when I did.

I'm currently having the exactly the same issue. Do we have any confirmation on this?

Yes, it means that you don't have a full GPS signal. The Phantom uses 7 GPS signals to hover. If it has 5, it'll flash green a few times then red. In my experience it means that the Phantom hovers, but not quite as stably as when it has a full signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4