Fixed Drone Positioning Question

Reaction score
New to the forum, hello everyone.

How do I make the drone go to the same location in the sky each time.
We are building a house and I want to take a series of videos showing the house being built, over time.
I want the done to be at the same height and location so the videos all over lap without
looking like the drone was in slightly different positions for each short video shot.

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks

Use DJi Go or Litchi to plan a way point mission and use that same mission for each shot. GPS is your friend.

Sounds like a great idea, but you shouldn't expect that the drone will be in the exact same position for each shot: Assuming you launch from the same location each time and take your shot soon afterward to limit the barometer's drift, altitude should be pretty repeatable, but the GPS/GLONASS horizontal variation can easily be a few meters. Depending on how you want to view the series of photos, you might need to register them by hand. Shooting from farther away will reduce the visible effects of any positioning errors.

Reactions: Big Bob
Indeed, in this case Litchi (flylitchi.com) should be among your "goto" apps if you want a reliable and repeatable mission to use for taking pics/video of the same location... it's quite a feature rich yet inexpensive app (available for both iOS and Android but they are not yet equally capable... Android variant was first to market and the one I prefer)...

As @Fat City said, you will need to keep in mind that consistent precisely repeatable GPS and altitude positioning is nearly impossible so your efforts around the shooting and/or editing should plan for that... but you'll generally always get pretty darn close if executing the same Litchi mission every time...

Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, however I do understand what you guys are saying
and wider shots to allow for post adjustment makes a lot of sense, Thank You !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav