Fitted a Futaba T8J radio to my phantom

Reaction score
Hey guys today I added a Futaba T8J TX/RX to my phantom. Now I should have some real good distance to fly :)

As soon as I have tested that I have all the setting right I will make a video for everyone.

C1CB0AF3-F423-4706-9C25-8228B565B76D-589-00000060A7E7F3D9_zps7f0a9f95.jpg

Very nice, I just watched the video. Did you assign a channel for RTH? I might have missed that in the video.

Adam said:
Very nice, I just watched the video. Did you assign a channel for RTH? I might have missed that in the video.

Can't wait to hear how this goes. I have a ton of appreciation for Wheels for sharing his work. It is saving us so much trial and error.

In addition to all the work going into doing the actual upgrade, he does the video work to document it on top of that. Kudos Richard!

There are a few videos out there that go into serious detail about assigning the Futaba and mixing channels, assigning RTH, etc. But Wheels is the first one to do it specifically for the Phantom.

Thanks chaps, I just done a test flight switching between GPS/ATTI/MANUAL and she flew perfect! I was heading to the park to test the OFF/CL/HL but the heavens have opened so no testing for now.

I have decided not to use the Fail safe aka "return to home" on a switch, instead I have it the same as the standard controller (if signal is lost or the TX is turned off).

I really appreciate you're comments and I am glad I am helping some of you. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic