Fitness videos/ follow mode

Reaction score
So I'll be getting my P3S soon and one of the reasons for getting it is to video my outdoor activities this season. Some will be me stationary in a small area and others will be mobile like bike trails.

Looking for gotha/tips that will get me started on the right track and how comfortable can I be letting it fly while I concentrate on my workouts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok, well the best go for you and what you have in mind will be to get a third party app like autopilot and use the free Airspace app on an iPhone in your pocket. It will track more reliably. Yhe optical tracking pre P4 is a novelty at best.

Reactions: rleigh
Ok, well the best go for you and what you have in mind will be to get a third party app like autopilot and use the free Airspace app on an iPhone in your pocket. It will track more reliably. Yhe optical tracking pre P4 is a novelty at best.
It is my understanding that the P3S has following capabilities. Are you saying that it isn't reliable or just that the P4 is better?

I was saying that if you plan on using the optical tracking features in a third party app (they aren't native to the P3) ie where you draw a box around yourself in the camera view and hope the drone follows you and keeps you in frame, prepare for disappointment. Tracking your device your flying with or another works well.

I was saying that if you plan on using the optical tracking features in a third party app (they aren't native to the P3) ie where you draw a box around yourself in the camera view and hope the drone follows you and keeps you in frame, prepare for disappointment. Tracking your device your flying with or another works well.
Ahh, okay thanks

Follow mode needs to follow your moving remote/phone set up. You will need to think of a way to keep that chunk of hardware out of frame and still make you look good. Also be aware the lens on Phantoms is bordering on ultrawide, you will need it fairly close so you dont appear tiny on the video and follow me mode has minimum distance requirements to work.

Follow mode needs to follow your moving remote/phone set up. You will need to think of a way to keep that chunk of hardware out of frame and still make you look good. Also be aware the lens on Phantoms is bordering on ultrawide, you will need it fairly close so you dont appear tiny on the video and follow me mode has minimum distance requirements to work.
Some good news for you. Litchi and autopilot have apps (magic leash & Airspace) that can be installed in a mobile phone which allow the AC to track the reported gps location. You don't need the remote with the target. Given every second fitness freak these days seems to have a phone strapped on their arm while anyway while working out this should be a good solution.

Mmmmm well the OP did say cash was tight so he might not want to splash out on Litchi but it does offer a neater solution for his needs. I admit when I have tried Follow Me with Go it has been pretty useless.

Not used Litchi but from what I have read on here it's a case of looking through threads for advice on how it works. If its following you on a jog make sure you take into account the terrain height, setting it to stick to 20ft is no good when you jog over the 25ft hillock. From what I gather Litchi can be programmed to follow terrain whereas Go won't unless it was a preflown mission you set up.

Not used Litchi but from what I have read on here it's a case of looking through threads for advice on how it works. If its following you on a jog make sure you take into account the terrain height, setting it to stick to 20ft is no good when you jog over the 25ft hillock. From what I gather Litchi can be programmed to follow terrain whereas Go won't unless it was a preflown mission you set up.
I wouldn't even attempt to fly it in a crawded terrain. Its not worth the risk to me and I plan to fly in this mode in open areas only. There are plenty of trails and fields that I can use that wont put me at risk to hit anything but the ground ;)

This is my first post, but I'll write a proper intro in the appropriate forum in a bit.

If you got a P3S @rleigh you can't use the focus and follow modes on Litchi with Magic Leash as the two devices need to be connected to the internet, which is impossible as your Wifi will be connected to the drone. That's my understanding anyway.

So 4G doesn't count then as connecting to the internet? Mmmmm I must demand my money back for all the non wifi internet I have used over the years.
Or does Litchi not work through mobile data like Go?

So 4G doesn't count then as connecting to the internet? Mmmmm I must demand my money back for all the non wifi internet I have used over the years.
Or does Litchi not work through mobile data like Go?
I don't know, I'm pretty new to this lark but on my tablet I certainly can't connect to mobile Internet at the same time as wifi and my wifi is taken up by being connected to my P3S

I don't know, I'm pretty new to this lark but on my tablet I certainly can't connect to mobile Internet at the same time as wifi and my wifi is taken up by being connected to my P3S
Ah well, me forgot some people like to use tablets and no they don't all have mobile capabilities.
So, if you want mobile internet and wifi people, stick to phones.
In fairness to me, the OP is going to look pretty daft with a tablet strapped to his arm or stuck down his shorts when doing his workout routine.

With the standard it seems autopilot and the Airspace companion app will be your solution. Autopilot and Airspace can use the mobile data network, litchi is limited or wifi precluding use of the standard (as I understand the situation).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers