Fist flight

Reaction score
I got my Advanced and flew her around a bit today. She was drunk as hell to start. I had to calibrate everything and now it seems to fly straight and hold its position. Now if I can just keep the props on, I'll be straight.

For whatever reason, my Standard flew perfect right out of the box where the Advanced was all over the place. But we're good now.

Last edited:
Did the props fly off!?!?!?... I would hope the threads would hold the props on

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did the props fly off!?!?!?... I would hope the threads would hold the props on

I lost a prop on my Standard. I fly CF props and they are finicky as I found out the hard way. I was referring to that incident, which nobody would know. So, anyways.

I've noticed that the props on the P3(A) feel much different when installing than they did on my P2V+. On the P2 the prop would bottom out "hard" and only a very small fraction of a turn further before "locking". On the P3 the prop hits a "soft shoulder" and can then be turned maybe a sixteenth to an eighth of a turn further before "locking".
I thought that this was a good deal as it felt like it was tightening as against an o-ring or lockwasher would feel. But maybe the props need to be tightened while holding with the strap wrench?
How do you guys ensure the props are tight on the P3?

How do you guys ensure the props are tight on the P3?

I use my fingers. I have good feel for tightening bolts and ****. I can feel when you get to that point where you're on the verge of stripping or breaking stuff. IDK. It's just feel and experience.

Check it out though. The stock props have a little bit of stretch at the point of getting tight. So they are easier to get right and you have a little bit of leeway if you don't hit them perfect. CF props are a little trickier. They'll come loose if you don't tighten them correctly.

I lost a prop on my Standard. I fly CF props and they are finicky as I found out the hard way. I was referring to that incident, which nobody would know. So, anyways.
Oooohhhh ok gotcha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers