Fisheye distortion P3P

Reaction score
I had a chance to film a residential building yesterday covered with square tiles. You can perfectly see what level of distortion we are dealing with.

fisheye.jpg

I had a chance to film a residential building yesterday covered with square tiles. You can perfectly see what level of distortion we are dealing with.

View attachment 27700
So what's your point? The focal length of the lens is between normal and wide range so some distortion is bound to occur. Even in my Nikon holy trinity lenses I see some distortion

So what's your point? The focal length of the lens is between normal and wide range so some distortion is bound to occur. Even in my Nikon holy trinity lenses I see some distortion

My point is what described above. Try to read it and understand.
Dump your Nikon and get a decent camera. "Even my Nikon" you said it as Nikon is a superb camera, while it is cheap and may be a little bit better than Canon, which is also a cheap junk.

Last edited:
My point is what described above. Try to read it and understand ...
You described nothing above to read and understand. and it's hard to see what your point is - apart from telling us that you don't know what fisheye is.
The P3 lens doesn't show any fisheye distortion.
Yes there is a degree of distortion with the P3 but if you want to rectify it, go to Adobe Camera Raw and use the correction filter. They have hundreds there because every lens exhibits some distortion.

My point is what described above. Try to read it and understand.
Dump your Nikon and get a decent camera. "Even my Nikon" you said it as Nikon is a superb camera, while it is cheap and may be a little bit better than Canon, which is also a cheap junk.
"dump your nikon and get a decent camera"
That phrase already shows your character. I never said Nikon is more superior than any other brands, though you must be a Canon fan boy for sure. I just said that even in the trinity lenses which are expensive and made to a high standard, they too exhibit some form of distortion.

If you dont like the distortion then just fix it in post. You are reporting on a non issue. Woah the camera has distortion, woah the drone can fly, woah the camera can record images.

Reactions: Jaybee and bbfpv
I'm totally missing the point here [emoji16]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439798988.442839.jpg

So maybe this image will shed some morning light. Or maybe I've just added to the distorted view of the initial post. Just joking...

Just fix it in post, bro. It's not about the actual shot you captured, it's about making that shot in to a fantastic interpretation of what you wish you'd captured.

If you go overboard, just call it art, man. It's what all the cool kids are doing. Get on board.

My point is what described above. Try to read it and understand. Dump your Nikon and get a decent camera. "Even my Nikon" you said it as Nikon is a superb camera, while it is cheap and may be a little bit better than Canon, which is also a cheap junk.

You are showing the level of distortion, I get that.

But cheap junk? DSLR camera's are as good as their sensors, then it's all about the glass and the human behind the camera. I use Canon equipment and it's far from cheap junk.

Sounds like you use very high end DSLR cameras. Care to share your setup?

Reactions: Garrie
You are showing the level of distortion, I get that.

But cheap junk? DSLR camera's are as good as their sensors, then it's all about the glass and the human behind the camera. I use Canon equipment and it's far from cheap junk.

Sounds like you use very high end DSLR cameras. Care to share your setup?

I am using that cheap junk for weddings only. It is a cheap crap even compare to BMCC, not talking about Dragon

As others have said - all lenses have some distortion. But especially wide angle.
Easy enough to correct with a raw file. Don't get bent out of shape about it. Learn how to work it.
Lightroom or Photoshop Camera raw - >Lens Corrections>Distortion. You can exaggerate or pull it back in.
There are grid lines to help. Works excellent.

What do you consider a "Decent Camera"? And can you FLY it?

Last edited:
Even the most experienced and professional photographers in the world will use some sort of editing software for those perfect pictures. So for an unedited flying camera shot I belive the results we get is pretty darn good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4