First week with Phantom 3 Adv!! (video)

Reaction score
Hello,

Only had my p3a for a week now and Sod's law meant that I've been grounded for about 80% of the week due to rain!

The other day the weather was a lot better (a little breezy) but still better so I decided to give this thing a real first flight!

I managed to capture this!

Still getting used to the bird as its a bit of a jump from the P3s when it comes to connection and controllers!

Any analytical tips and advice would be nice!
James.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very nice scene, great imagery. Props seen in one of the shots but very nice.

Great job. Not sure the stuttering music over the few speeded up frames worked for me but overall, impressed.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments! :)

Very well done. You seem to be a great photographer.

Just a tip: most of the accidents happen by hitting a tree or a building or flying with not fully charged batteries. Take care and you will be ok.

Reactions: JamesG2571
Nice Channel :) and I liked the video but I like a little smoother scrolling between one scene to the next, your transitions were a little hard or fast for my eyes but it works. I think that adding just ¼ second between scene changes would help. I used to speed up my transitions by 75% but now I don't go more then 50% :)

Very well done. You seem to be a great photographer.

Just a tip: most of the accidents happen by hitting a tree or a building or flying with not fully charged batteries. Take care and you will be ok.
Thank you, I appreciate your compliment.

Good tips!! I shall try and keep my distance from trees and houses. They don't seem to like phantoms very much!! :)

Extremely impressive, especially after only having the aircraft for a week! You also showed a lot of guts flying out over the water. Personally, I have not been able to summon quite the nerve to do that yet.

Excellent work.

Do you have any tips or particular editing software to help with timing the scene cuts in time with the music? It is something I would like to have a go at in my next video. I have only been using Ms Movie Maker and I'm not sure this is much of a tool when attempting to synchronise video and audio in this fashion.
Is there a straightforward technique?

Very well done. You seem like a natural. Can you share your video settings with me. I'm curious since I'm also new :) your youtube video seems to allow me 1080P, while I shot my first video and it only allowed me 720P.

Last edited:
Hello,

Only had my p3a for a week now and Sod's law meant that I've been grounded for about 80% of the week due to rain!

The other day the weather was a lot better (a little breezy) but still better so I decided to give this thing a real first flight!

I managed to capture this!

Still getting used to the bird as its a bit of a jump from the P3s when it comes to connection and controllers!

Any analytical tips and advice would be nice!
James.

Nice!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20