First week Finished

Reaction score
My first week with the FC40 is over, and, well, I love it...after flying the smaller quads this is a dream to fly...so far about 2 hours of flight time and no mishaps. Did the upgrade to both quad and Tx with no trouble, and I love manual mode...seems much smother. My only gripe is the camera, I see why the FC40 has the camera but is only $20 more. When it works, the video is fine, but it only works about 1/2 the time, and drops wi-fi at least once every flight, no matter how near or far, but it was about what I expected. Great product and I recommend it greatly.

wifi dropping is a combination of many things.

distance
wifi power of the camera (not all that much)
wifi power of whatever you are using to view it (so many android phones, iphone, etc etc)
How crowded the wifi in your area is.

My question is, during video playback from the SD card, is there any skipping in the video? If not, then all is good!

FC40 camera = Class 10 SD card speed.
Gopro 3+ Black edition = class 10, 600X or more SD card speed.

You will not have any problems if you follow these guidelines.

OK, I stand corrected, ericdes gave me some good advice...went out to Best Buy today and grabbed a high speed SD card to replace the cheap one I was using.....WOW...what a difference...I went thru all 3 battery's at a distance of up to 500' (where I have my limits set) and the wifi was TOTALLY clear, never once did it disconnect on me...and today I was in my neighborhood, where I think every house has wifi...

Thanks for the download/file.php?mode=view&id=4068&sid=d02f30218fbb70db96ba662eaac3d630help...made all the difference in the world, I see no need to strap a go pro on at this time...

Attachments

• Snapshot 1 (4-3-2014 5-08 PM).jpg
    Snapshot 1 (4-3-2014 5-08 PM).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 368

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31