First Vision+ Flight - Gimbal Acting Up?

Reaction score
To my delight, my Vision+ arrived a day earlier than expected! I'm quite experienced in RC, but this is the first Phantom I've flown. After getting the batteries charged, going through all of the instructions, switching to Naza mode, and downgrading my firmware to 1.08, I fired up the Vision+. The first thing I noticed was that every time I turn it on, the gimbal straightens the camera and levels it perfectly for about 4 seconds. Then, it violently jerks the camera and sticks in in a downward angle, which is where it stays until I get the app connected and manually change it back to level. Once I change it via the phone app, it seems to work exactly as expected. Does anybody else's camera violently tilt all the way down when you turn on your Vision+?

It is pretty windy here today, so I only flew it for about 5 minutes, but it flew beautifully (I had to calibrate the compass twice because the first time failed for some reason). I am so excited about the quality of the video that was taken as well as how easy of a machine this is to control. It has exceeded my expectations, and I hope it doesn't decide to fly away on me. I also hope the gimbal/camera does not give me any of the issues others have been seeing.

That's normal - well it goes to about 45 degrees until you connect by the app and adjust it.
I'm not sure why you wanted to change to the outdated firmware though.

It's actually a bit concerning that a few bad reports with a suspicion that the firmware was somehow involved are are taken so seriously.
I would think the actual changing from one to another either way is more a risk factor than anything; for a start you really ought to consider doing a full calibration now.

4wd said:
That's normal - well it goes to about 45 degrees until you connect by the app and adjust it.

It's actually a bit concerning that a few bad reports with a suspicion that the firmware was somehow involved are are taken so seriously.
I would think the actual changing from one to another either way is more a risk factor than anything; for a start you really ought to consider doing a full calibration now.

Awesome - I'm glad to hear that is normal. The super slow descent is the main reason I have not upgraded to the latest firmware. I'm not really near any no-fly zones, and I don't anticipate I will be, so that isn't a big concern. However, I did also read that 1.08 "seemed" to be more stable than the other firmware. I agree that it does seem odd to downgrade MULTIPLE firmwares back, however.. :)

MattUNI2001 said:
4wd said:

Awesome - I'm glad to hear that is normal. The super slow descent is the main reason I have not upgraded to the latest firmware. I'm not really near any no-fly zones, and I don't anticipate I will be, so that isn't a big concern. However, I did also read that 1.08 "seemed" to be more stable than the other firmware. I agree that it does seem odd to downgrade MULTIPLE firmwares back, however.. :)

Im with 4wd I have 20+ flights on the 3.0 firmware ( yes I know new is 3.02) but like to let the new stuff be out for a while to make sure no bugs. Anyway I have had nothing but fantastic results with it I use atti,gps and rth and all work wonderful no issues. Remember most happy people don't leave reviews or write on forums. So for every report you read of trouble there are probably 1000 that are issue free

Just my 2 cents :cool:

Another + that does the same camera boot up. And I am using the 3.02 and have about 20 flights in and no problems.
Just add me to the positive side....

ShoreBird said:
Another + that does the same camera boot up. And I am using the 3.02 and have about 20 flights in and no problems.
Just add me to the positive side....

Awesome - I appreciate all of the responses confirming the odd camera boot up as well as the newer firmware being used with no issues. I LOVE this thing. 3 flights in so far with some pretty amazing pictures and videos!!!

5 flights with mine so far and lovin it, 3.2 works fine for me, cam goes to 45 degrees on start up so it's normal. My mind does wonder when people on here moan about the video quality and say its poor. I still have videos of my AR Drone which was only 2/3 years ago now that's poor video LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj