First video

Excellent.

Love your scenery.

I hope to do some further afield flights soon, as I get used to it and what it can do.

I have ordred a timer and a battery monitor so I know whats happening with battery as its easy to loose track of time.

robinb said:
Excellent.

Love your scenery.

I hope to do some further afield flights soon, as I get used to it and what it can do.

I have ordred a timer and a battery monitor so I know whats happening with battery as its easy to loose track of time.

What battery monitor are you getting? I also feel that is very important info and I want to know what my batteries are doing.

I think what we both probably need to do is learn how to take pictures while flying. we might not have gimble yet but we can get some nice angles and ways of approaching or moving away from a subject. I really want to learn how to do those things. zooming in by both zoom and flying towards, and retreating away same idea to get the ideal shot. I hope to see more of your vids from Spain, that is so cool.

I have ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360623491533? ... 1439.l2649

Its available your side of pond as well locally.

My first 2 flights today were just over 8 minutes long before I was starting to get a blinking red low voltage light.
With the timer I will know I need to get back pronto at around 6-7 minutes point.

I also forgot to adjust my phone brightness to max as well so I can better see whats happening.

Lots to learn though I have the benefit of heavy flown nitro powered belies about 15 years ago, which was a real challenge, though I can't say I was that good at that.

robinb said:
I have ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360623491533? ... 1439.l2649

Its available your side of pond as well locally.

My first 2 flights today were just over 8 minutes long before I was starting to get a blinking red low voltage light.
With the timer I will know I need to get back pronto at around 6-7 minutes point.

I also forgot to adjust my phone brightness to max as well so I can better see whats happening.

Lots to learn though I have the benefit of heavy flown nitro powered belies about 15 years ago, which was a real challenge, though I can't say I was that good at that.

I have one of those on order, coming from China I think and might be here today or june 5 or... One think that sold me on this was cheap and that if I lost the copter I might be able to find it from the noise (I guess thats 2 things).

I found this here today and went to order it but the shipping was $10.00 more then the item.. but you also might like it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=40033
I think that will sound a buzzer on the hand held device when the battery reaches a certain point that you set. I do hear that when the motors are under load that the battery might show a lower amount of potential then it really has and might set the alarm off prematurely.

Since it is so hard to see on the phone I have ordered a Kindle fire hd for $85.00 off ebay. I understand I will have to sideload the fc40 software but I am hoping to finally see what I am flying over. I have had a dream where I am wearing goggles and flying all over the forest around us, seeing the view as if I was in the airplane itself. I just gotta watch how I spend my money since it is very limited.

Oh, did I tell you I got a flytrex device. Only had it a week, and the first thing I did wrong was put the cover back on the phantom the wrong way, 45 degrees off, so when I was flying it had me all twisted around. But I have flow almost 700' 697' to be exact. and that video at Medicine Lake I was over 7000' feet hight, (although only 500' off the ground)

I know what you mean about the phone.

I ordered last nigh a 7" nook of ebay, got that for about 45 USD from florida so that should come through in a week or so.
I also ordered a small bracket to hold it in place on the tx.

All these things add up as its a few $$ and a few $$ there and before you know it you have spent $$$$$$$$$.

The flytrap sounds like a good purchase but I must stop for a while and take stock before I get carried away.

Now I understand the camera more (other post) I will be taking some more flights and videos very soon. :)

robinb said:
Were you still getting video at 500 feet ?

I got video from 697'. I got that hawking wifi extender and battery pack and it gives me a pretty decent range I think. I am using a Galaxy s4 phone at this time and I could see fpv at that time. There was one time in my field where I was about 1000' feet away and I noticed that the phone screen was breaking up just a little. I should have my Kindle fire hd by Friday, it has 2 antennas, so I think I might put my extender a few hundred feet away from me in the direction I wish to go and see how far I can get. Although to be honest I am a big chicken and when it gets out of site, my heart beats fast! lol. When I took it to almost 700' up, I could not see it for a long long time. I could hear it, but could not locate it in the sky with my eyes. Even as I brought it down it took a long to to appear in view, at one point I thought I could crash into the ground but it was still very high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwHCU_ ... e=youtu.be

darwin-t said:
Here's one from me. Not my second flight, even though that is the title. Second flight that day. 16 flights so far, no crashes.

http://youtu.be/sRLnMk_IXAo

Hi, nice video. Pretty smooth for the most part. I did noticed what seemed to be that rocking I get when I descend. I need a gimble I guess to address that. I was wondering if you knew how high you were in that video? could you still see your bird ok?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31