First Video!

Youtube says not available on mobiles (tablets too!)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

yeh cant seem to fix that? think its because theres a song in it and theres copyright issues!

max01726 said:
Thanks! unframed stuff? what do you mean?

Not a bad video mate. I'm guessing by unframed stuff he means anything where you are framing up your shot. You could cut out all the jarring tilts and pans and begin the shot after you've framed up then cut out before you move too quick again.

You've got guts flying over the water from a boat, and really nice footage because of it. What happens if you were to loose transmitter power? I'm guessing the Phantom would go land in the water where the boat was when it took off? I guess you've just got to follow it in the boat until it lands haha

That's your first video? Did you have much previous flying time? Your video is exactly the stuff I'd love to do if/when i pull the trigger and buy a Phantom Vision 2.

Nice shot!

What are your GoPro settings? I done yesterday a shoting session (sunny day) and all my images are so light with worst colors. If have sun on front (but over drone not directly to my camera) all images are so ugly.

I use a GoPro 3+, PAL, 1090px, 50 frames, ProTune.

ginsonic said:
Nice shot!

What are your GoPro settings? I done yesterday a shoting session (sunny day) and all my images are so light with worst colors. If have sun on front (but over drone not directly to my camera) all images are so ugly.

I use a GoPro 3+, PAL, 1090px, 50 frames, ProTune.

Sorry to sound a bit harsh, do but do you understand what ProTune is?

ProTune is designed to shoot in a "Flat" colour space to help with dynamic range. It requires post production colour grading to get it to look good again. If you don't have an understanding of colour grading turn ProTune off. 1080p at 50 fps is fine but that is slow motion when played back at 25fps. Is that your intention? Feel free to shoot at 25fps to keep video files a bit smaller.

Yeh first real edited video. gopro 3 silver plus, 1080p. 60fps. (no protune on this gopro) just edited it with imove, improved the saturation and stuff.

90 percent of the people are not interested in doing much post work other then some cuts to bring shots together in a cohesive sweet video. Definitely replacing the motor sound with some narration or music is must I thought for a first video this was pretty dag gone cool. I was impressed with the takeoff and how high you took it right off the boat. That was a cool climb. I would be a little scared going that high, but I've only flown about a hour total so far. I'm just getting my sea legs so to speak. Did you do the bring it down and grab it technique for landing? That for sure the way I would do it if I was recording from my canoe on the river where I'm sure I'll be a lot this summer. Did you try flying at the same time someone drove the boat at a slow enough speed to stay with the bird? I'd love to see a shot of the bird out in front of the boat while it's moving recording with the camera pointed at the boat and then reorient the bird to in back of the boat looking at the boat. I'll watch it after your 2nd excursion with your Phantom.

Has anyone concurred a technique for keeping the camera pointed an object like your self and flying in a circle around the object with about a 10 to 20 foot radius. I would think it would take a lot of practice to find just the right amount of yaw while doing a left or right turn.

ha thanks! yeh i was on the boat whilst flying it. its good because for wakeboarding speed the phantom can fly a bit faster so i can can get some good shots! scared myself for a while because as i was flying alongside the wakeboarder the phantom suddenly stopped flying forward and just hovered... thought i was getting a flyaway but then realised my max distance was only set to 500 meters and we had been wakeboarding down a straight stretch!

Bluegrass said:
Has anyone concurred a technique for keeping the camera pointed an object like your self and flying in a circle around the object with about a 10 to 20 foot radius. I would think it would take a lot of practice to find just the right amount of yaw while doing a left or right turn.

definitely... I do a lot of simulator helicopter flying (ok, used to) and that's a tricky move especially to get smooth. you need a slight bit of forward, a little bit more lateral movement (left/right) and often times you need a little bit of thrust to maintain altitude

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31