First video put together at cottage.

Reaction score
Some footage I quickly put together when I went to our cottage this past Thanksgiving (Canada). It was the first time bringing it there, so I wasn't sure how it would do with all the potential interference from the trees.

I didn't have a single problem.

My birth place!
When shooting in "Auto" mode, the camera will adjust exposure dynamically. You'll notice in your video that tilting the camera from a composition consisting of more sky to a composition that has more below the horizon the exposure will change dramatically to compensate. Better to compose your shot before you fly and use manual settings.

If you are able to do post editing then you should know the default "Auto" settings for the P3 camera are set too high.
You should be shooting in "Manual" mode and for starters you will need to change following basic settings: White Balance to 5000k, Sharpness to -2, Contrast -3 and Saturation down to -2. Feel free to experiment with these and other settings but make these basic changes noted for now.

Sure, what you shoot at first (unedited) viewing will look washed out. But, if you look closely, there is way more detail being recorded specifically in the shadows/greys. More detail recorded means more to work with in post.
Open your footage in your editor and apply the Colour Correction tool (don't use the "auto" ones). Increase Saturation to suit and adjust blacks, greys and whites until you achieve what you're looking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik