First video feedback

Reaction score
So i shot this friday evening and finished editing sat morning. Would love some feedback from vets. This was the first time i was asked to make a video. Edited on movie maker. Was for my inlaws. Thanks for any feedback!

I'm no expert but some feedback i've received previously that was helpful was this. First, try to keep all cuts to a maximum of 3-5 seconds. Second, think about the audience when you make your video, i.e. why would they want to watch this, what appeals to them and why is it interesting. It's extremely hard to edit a video and put yourself in your audiences' shoes.

That said, great footage and congrats on your first video!

Very nice. Very good that you kept each clip very short and flew from several different angles. Two things I might recommend; a title would give it some perspective. Personally, I'd also ditch the fade in and out between clips. I used to use them but most people don't. To me they just add a few seconds of time when a person stops watching as the fade starts and a few more seconds waiting for the next clip to fade in. That time on either end is dead time.

Great video. Agree about the fade cuts. Music was perfect.

NoCo Drones

Well I grow Wheat and canola in Australia I've never seen corn harvested ,so at least you have one person that appreciates the clip !

that was very nice, maybe a little repetitive. Some higher shots of the field? as said, ditch the fades, only use them a couple times in a vid keep it a surprise what transitions next. other than that it was great

thanks for the feedback! the 3 to 5 second rule sounds good. I did feel like a couple clips were a tad long. when I was filming, I had no plan. I wasn't thinking about an entry or exit shot. I just did a bunch of shots, 2 batteries worth, and packed it up. I also didn't have a plan for camera settings. all auto. I figured I'd get home and all shots would have horrible lighting. guess it turned out ok. thanks again! sure was alot more fun than flying the same ol routes around home.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik