First two flights, awesome!

Reaction score
Amazon delivered my P3s Wed and I was able to take it out for a short test flight. Was a bit windy so I decided to stick close and not venture to far out. Went back out yesterday, again it was windy and COLD! So I just went up about 100 feet and took some photos. We are going to get hit pretty hard the next couple of days with an ice storm. I am hoping to be able to get out and get some pics of my property with everything covered in a sheet of ice. Assuming its not still raining or drizzling of course.

Could not be happier with the Phantom, I will upgrade this summer to the P4 for sure! Curious about wind, I guess I just worried that its going to get caught in a huge gust and end up in Kansas with Toto. I did stop at my local ins office and get it covered. Money well spent for full coverage but I really hope to avoid going through the hassle of a claim.

Reactions: liamchad
Invest in a wind speed meter. You shouldn't be flying your new toy in wind any stronger than 22mph or 10/ms. And remember it could be alot windier 120m up than it is on the ground so if you find your phantom drifting even if you have good gps signal bring it down quick before it blows out of range. Hope this helps and enjoy flying your new toy.

Craig.

Sent from my SM-A310F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BuickGS
Welcome to the group! I agree with the wind meter, you can get a pretty decent one on Amazon for $15-20 US.

Good recommendation, thank you! The wind yesterday was pretty strong. I notice it was having to work at staying it place.

Invest in a wind speed meter. You shouldn't be flying your new toy in wind any stronger than 22mph or 10/ms. And remember it could be alot windier 120m up than it is on the ground so if you find your phantom drifting even if you have good gps signal bring it down quick before it blows out of range. Hope this helps and enjoy flying your new toy.

Craig.

Sent from my SM-A310F using PhantomPilots mobile app
I would agree, but would add to be very careful in anything over 15 mph, and not to fly if over 20 mph. As the P3S top speed is 36 mph,16 m/s, that a good rule of thumb is one half of that. So 18 mph, 8 m/s should be a good limit to stay under to be safe.

Reactions: BuickGS
Amazon delivered my P3s Wed and I was able to take it out for a short test flight. Was a bit windy so I decided to stick close and not venture to far out. Went back out yesterday, again it was windy and COLD! So I just went up about 100 feet and took some photos. We are going to get hit pretty hard the next couple of days with an ice storm. I am hoping to be able to get out and get some pics of my property with everything covered in a sheet of ice. Assuming its not still raining or drizzling of course.

Could not be happier with the Phantom, I will upgrade this summer to the P4 for sure! Curious about wind, I guess I just worried that its going to get caught in a huge gust and end up in Kansas with Toto. I did stop at my local ins office and get it covered. Money well spent for full coverage but I really hope to avoid going through the hassle of a claim.
Get this app, "UAV Forecast" You can set the altitude for a real wind speed you will be flying at, among many other data info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav